PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Points vs. Reservation points?

richardsa98
06-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a quick question... I noticed on the website tonight that my June vacation to SSR is listed as Vacation points. But my trip to AKL is listed as Reservation points. What is the difference in the terms? Is it because the AKL is tech. not open yet so it can only be listed as a reservation?:confused:
Thanks to anyone who can help;)

Ian
06-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I looked through all my member info and I didn't see anything anywhere about "reservation points."

I think your guess is probably correct ... since VAKL isn't done yet, maybe they have to call them reservation points until the resort is actually up and ready to accept guests. Could be some legal mumbo jumbo.

dlpmikki
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I just looked on the website and reservation points are only supposed to apply to Interval bookings. I suspect it is either a glitch or you are both right it is because the resort is not open yet.

richardsa98
06-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks for your responses! Here's to hoping a glitch is just a glitch and not a potential MS problem later on down the line:secret:

Roo Girl
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I think I can help- My DVC points converted to "reservation points" after I made a reservation at DL's Grand Californian. I had to change the reservation due to conflicts at work so the points hung out for a couple days while I got more information. The points, at that time, become reservation points meaning they can ONLY be used for non-DVC resort reservations. So I re-reserved Grand Californian for a time that works; I could have also used for Poly, Contemporary- anywhere BUT a DVC resort. Does that help?

richardsa98
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Roo Girl - How would that apply to me then? I have a reservation at AKL; that is a DVC resort so shouldn't it come up as vacation points????
Thanks for your help!

dixielandings
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
This may be an obvious thing but did you make a ressie at the Lodge or at AKV? A room at AKL would show up as reservation points. A villa would be vacation points.

dlpmikki
06-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh the reservation points we are talking about are at the DVC resort part. It is the same on mine. I don't think it is anything to worry about, just a bit weird.

CarolMN
06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
There have been many reports of "website anomalies" with AKV reservations. If you have a confirmation letter and if your dates are showing correctly on the members' website, I wouldn't worry about whether the website is showing vacation points (which would be the correct designation) or reservaiton points.

If it were me, I'd call MS and verify that I actually had a reservation and that it was all in the computer correctly. If MS says it is, then I'd quit worrying. DVC will eventually get the website under control (I hope, LOL).