PDA

View Full Version : Resort hopping question

epceddie
06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Will be in Orlando next week and I'm interested in checking out some WDW resorts. We'll be staying offsite this time and renting a car. Will we be able to get into the resorts even though we won't be staying at a Disney resort? I know it's easy to visit the monorail resorts, but I'd really like to go see the Wilderness Lodge and the Yacht and Beach Club. Does security stop you if you're not a Disney guest?

Bruegge
06-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I've been checked each time. I don't know if they confirmed it but I couldn't just drive up and park.

Dnephew worked this spring for the Yacht club and he said all the resorts are checking folks in

He also said ..Believe it or not ... some people tried to park at hotels just to avoid parking fees/crowds (leaving) at the park, security issues and other factors are also in place I'm sure

Scott

wilshade
06-09-2007, 09:50 PM
You could probably walk over to Yacht Club and Beach Club from Epcot (via World Showcase) or take the boat from MGM Studios. I dont think security will stop you there. You would have your park ticket for readmission.

You can get to Wilderness Lodge by taking a boat from the MK.

All of these cases would be a good way to break up your day at the parks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Just tell them you are resort hopping to see where you want to stay next time you go to WDW and they should give you a 3 hour parking pass.

FiggyFan
06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
We have also had no trouble getting a 3 hour parking pass at any WDW hotel.

Last year, I had an extra 1/2 day on a business trip, and parked at BC to wander around BC/YC/BW - including breakfast at BW Bakery :thumbsup: and an early morning walk down the path to the Studios and back. I then drove to the Poly , SSR, and AK before heading to the airport . At each stop, I simply told the guard that I wanted to check out the resort and was given a parking pass.

Sure beats sitting in a hotel room or an airport. :mickey:

epceddie
06-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. It's much appreciated!
We're leaving this Wednesday and can't wait to get back to the parks!

TammiMcMan
06-11-2007, 08:37 AM
You may want to park in the overflow lot that's provided for the Boardwalk. Typically, if they are experiencing problems, they'll only allow those that are guests or have ADR's to park in the resort lots. Even with an ADR, you are subject to a 3 hour limit. You can easily walk around Crescent Lake and see all 5 resorts.

A pretty way to see the WL resort, is to park at the TTC and make it a part of the monorail resort tour. After visiting the Poly, GF and CR, go down to the CR's boat dock and hop on the boat to the WL.

DDuck66
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
We live within a 100 miles and a lot of the time, we will go to DTD and then catch a bus to the different resorts so that we can check them all out. Even though we have AP's, sometimes we will just do this for a day and not go to any parks.