PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worry about the weather before their trip?

EpcotFanatic
06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I can't seem to stop checking the weather reports.

My trip (6/12-6/18) has no major storms. Just the typical afternoon rain/thunderstorm. I've been before in June, so I know they are quick.

I remember one time at Animal Kingdom I actually watched the rain in a sheet format make it's way across the parking lot. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. We went right to Dinosaur, and by the time we got off the ride, it was clear again and the sun was out.

Maybe because it's raining here I'm thinking gloomy thoughts for the trip ahead. :unsure:

I want to hear the pilot say it's sunny and 90, not look out the window to purple sky and downpour. Somebody :stop: me!

Strmchsr
06-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. Still no major rain events for your time frame. Keep checking and I'll tell you differently if that changes, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it. That said, rainy days can be some of the best days in the parks! Don't think you'll be that lucky, though. :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd only be worried if it was something that would prevent me from getting there, like a hurricane or blizzard.
I've been there in torrential rains and it was great! The parks were empty. We just put on our ponchos and went on everything that was still open.

EpcotFanatic
06-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah I've some weird results with rain. It started to downpour at the Magic Kingdom last year, and I went to buy a poncho. By the time I got to the cashier, it stopped. I said no thanks.

About 2 hours later it started again, they even delayed SpectroMagic. Like a faucet, it just stopped and they resumed the parade. I'm guessing half of the park left. It was EMPTY.

But I guess my concern is rain events. I hate bad surprises. Unlike George Carlin, I don't want tickets to a rain event. ;)

crazypoohbear
06-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I just worry about the weather when I have to actually fly. I pray for great weather those days.
Other than that as long as I'm on the ground I can handle it:blush:

DisneyorBust
06-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't worry about the weather, especially rain. It's been my experience that rain chases some folks from the parks...leaving shorter lines for me!:D

GrmGrninGost
06-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Rainy days at the park are the best! For some reason people won't come out to play in the rain! (Kind of weird since they go swimming and ride water rides!) All this leaves short lines for those of us who don't mind a little water!:mickey:

ibrowse17
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
The only time I really worry about the weather is when we are going to tent camp at Ft. Wilderness. Other than that, we don't worry to much about it.:thumbsup: