PDA

View Full Version : Super Shuttle - Has Anyone Used Them?

andypooh
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
We are thinking of booking Super Shuttle to go from LAX to the Grand Californian. They told us there are no more than 7 people on a shuttle. I guess they usually make 2 or 3 stops? Has anyone used this service before? How efficient are they? Thanks.

BronxTigger
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I have used them before, but not at LAX. I've used them in Denver, where I found them to be efficient and professional. I have also used them twice in NYC (I think both times at JFK) and they were terrible both times. They lost my name in the system both times, and it took about 4 hours from the time my plane landed to when I got to my destination (both times!)....never again in NYC.

So, they seem to be hit or miss depending on the city. I wouldn't hesitate to try them, but DON'T get get the pre-paid voucher online. That way, if you do happen to have problems with them at the airport, you are not stuck with them, you can just go try another company.

ImagiAsh
06-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I've used Super Shuttle in the Washington, DC area. I booked a reservation for 1 and was placed in a shuttle with six other people. There were four stops before mine, but the timing of it all wasn't bad. I didn't have to wait long to get back to my place, because they try grouping people in shuttles that are going to locations near each other.:mickey:

LouRodriGIS
06-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I've used Super Shuttle a number of times from ONT to San Bernardino. I never had a problem. However, ONT is obviously not as busy as LAX. I rarely even had to share a ride with anyone and usually my wait was 5-10 minutes.

N.W.Girl
06-16-2007, 01:52 AM
I use them all the time. I think theyre great. As a matter of fact Im going to use them on Tuesday but from John Wayne airport this time.
Once I used a Disney Bus :mickey: ( dont get me wrong, they are real nice to ride in and very comfortable but ) I watched "Super Shuttle after shuttle" leave as I waited :wait: 40 mins for them to show up.....:shrug: Im just sayin.

The Shuttle is great! Take the shuttle.

tdhiatt
06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
:mickey:
Yes we have used the shuttle its great. The other options car rental, or the shuttle bus. The problem with the bus is that it could add a long wait to get to your hotel depending were you are on the drop off list. The Shuttle Van is the way to go if your not comfortable to drive.

BklynChick
06-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Can anyone comment on using SuperShuttle from Long Beach Airport?

NotaGeek
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Can anyone comment on using SuperShuttle from Long Beach Airport?

Super Shuttle is Super Shuttle. No more than 3 stops and you usually wait until they fill the van. I personally refuse to use them strictly because of the horrible experiences I have had in SoCal, specifically from John Wayne Airport in Orange County. I do however love Prime Time Shuttle. Google them ... you pre-order your van and when you get to ground transportation they are on time. If you wait for your van more than 10 minutes, it's free. They also offer sedan transfers, private vans and great service!

BrerGnat
07-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Super Shuttle is Super Shuttle. No more than 3 stops and you usually wait until they fill the van. I personally refuse to use them strictly because of the horrible experiences I have had in SoCal, specifically from John Wayne Airport in Orange County. I do however love Prime Time Shuttle. Google them ... you pre-order your van and when you get to ground transportation they are on time. If you wait for your van more than 10 minutes, it's free. They also offer sedan transfers, private vans and great service!

I second the vote for Prime Time Shuttle. I noticed their vans were coming WAY more often to pick up passengers than Super Shuttle on my last few trips back home into SNA. I can't comment on LAX, but Prime Time Shuttle seems to have a huge following here in OC.

future_imagineer
07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
We haven't used them in L.A., but have had mixed experiences. Here in Austin, they (the private ones at least) are an absolute Godsend - always on time, et cetera. But Austin is smaller than L.A., and has a much less complicated freeway system. In New York once, we were waiting at the hotel for a private SuperShuttle that was booked months in advance that would be taking us to JFK for an international flight to Shannon, Ireland. It was a long vacation, and we had loads of luggage and six people. SuperShuttle never showed up, so we in the end had to squeeze into two cabs that costed an arm and a leg.

I'd search around a bit on Google for SoCal SuperShuttle reviews.

frozman
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
We used the Disneyland resort express, which stops every hour at LAX (and John Wayne) and services all Disneyland area hotels (on and off site), it was about $30 r/t a person, I was satisfied.