PDA

View Full Version : News?

wizardmickey
06-09-2007, 02:36 AM
This may not be the place for this, but since I know more ppl here from VMK...
One of the client classes my wife just came home from teaching was OCEANEERING (or OII). These people are responsible for a lot of the robotics used for deep sea recovery missions (think Space Shuttles and Titanic) as well as work on Theme Park Attractions (think Dinosaur & some other stuff at Universal.) At the end of this class, one of her participants informed her he was off to the Magic Kingdom to work on a refurb of BTMRR. Something to do with new safety features that will be installed during 3rd shift for a week or 2 (not supposed to interfere with daily operations.) The people she meets sometimes while I sit here at home blowing money on new guitars!!!

chrisb26
06-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Hmm wonder what the will be? :confused:

Thanks for the news Ice! :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
She says she doesn't remember exactly what the new safety features were, but that they were to installed on the actual trains (like new safety bars or something that they have designed for Disney.)

JPL
06-09-2007, 11:28 PM
new station gates maybe I remember reading a while back they were replacing the gates before you get on the train

wizardmickey
06-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah, that could very well be. All he would say was it was safety related. Like I said above, these guys design/build/and operate some multimillion dollar robotics & deep sea recovery equipment. They do work for NASA, Disney, Universal & all of the major oil companies. Some of the things the wife works on teaching these guys are Safety, Leadership & Effective Communication Skills. Everytime they mention going to Disney she gives them a hard time and demands "presents"...

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Did they say which Disney park? Was at WDW this weekend and BTMRR didn't seem any different.

bigpapiortiz34
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Hmm interesting news Ice!

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
It was at WDW Fan, and they were doing it during what he called the "Third Shift", which is apparently when guests are not in the park or on the ride. They should already be done by now I would imagine since it was Friday that he was leaving for MK to begin the job.

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
The gates I remember looked the same. We were there on Saturday.

wizardmickey
06-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Might've just been the mechanics of the gates? Or some other safety feature that was supposed to be un-noticable.

Glad your back... and sorry your trip is over already!

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Yup, I hate short trips. Luckily we might be going back next month since we still have 2 theme park days left over and 3 plus options left.

It was probably just some annual thing that they just check up on the rides and make sure that everything is running right. Especially with all the accidents BTMRR had at Disneyland a few years back.