PDA

View Full Version : So the Drama

wizardmickey
06-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Fast and short:
I was supposed to see the Ortho doc in 2 weeks, but after 2 weeks of non-stop back pain that's kept me home almost as much as I've worked, he wanted me in ASAP. I go Wednesday for... well, for whatever he decides to do! Will also get verdict on knees then I suppose.

Tonight RELIX almost imploded. New keyboardist's girlfriend was a bit "friendly" to the point of obnoxious, and was draping herself over someone who roadies for us and the drummer. Drummer's wife dd not appreciate. They took it outside. I stayed inside. Next thing I knew drummers wife burst in screaming at drummer that "get up. we're going home RIGHT NOW!" By time I got outside he & wife & Keyboard player & gf were all gone. Heard there was a near cat-fight. The 3 of us left behind voted to oust keyboard player (he was not picking up songs as we'd hoped, his backing vocals were overpowering the leads & weren't blending in, and things just weren't clicking... and then all of this drama happened!) Haven't heard from drummer since he had to take care of his wife, but have left messages & hope to try calling again tomorrow.

AC might have gone out in our house. Considered calling Insurance tomorrow, but tried changing out batteries in digital thermostat 1st to see how it does. Feeling a bit cooler already, so maybe...?

wizardmickey
06-10-2007, 01:21 AM
UPDATING 2 out of 3:
All is well with our drummer. He stopped by today to check out the 9 foot banner we're making to go up on his light stands. He and wife are ok & band is for sure a 4-piece now.

AC still acting wonky. Doesn't cool at full power nor reach target temp. Called insurance company & should have service person here by Monday. With our temp's hitting just under 100 with humidity to match, I may have to spend some time out in the Guest House to keep cool.

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-10-2007, 11:09 AM
UPDATING 2 I may have to spend some time out in the Guest House to keep cool.

You have a guest house? I am so visiting.

Glad your drummer and his wife are doing ok. Thanks for the update

TinkRocks
06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Bender in the Ice Cooler! Party! Party! Party!

JPL
06-10-2007, 12:12 PM
You have a guest house? I am so visiting.

Sorry Tom I already heard something about it being booked solid by a cat who wears green :mad:

janmathatter
06-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Sorry Tom I already heard something about it being booked solid by a cat who wears green :mad:

This is true. Ice is allowed to use it when I can't be there as long as he continues to "wash his hands."
And I'm glad the drama is working itself out. I guess even ancient rockers have their moments.

RicksCafe
06-10-2007, 03:34 PM
...after 2 weeks of non-stop back pain...
...Tonight RELIX almost imploded.
...AC might have gone out in our house.Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?

Ricks (who has an American Cousin... or two... or ten)

wizardmickey
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes Tom, we have a Guest House, although a bud of mine from my last band calls it my "Man-Cave" and says he is envious of all the goodies I have out there... so far!
Yes, Nacho keeps saying she is moving in. But I haven't seen any green flips darkening the doorsteps of my little "Tropical Hideaway" yet...
Yes, even Ancient Rockers go thru a little drama now and then. I did promise myself however that when I got back into this that if it ever started to stop being fun, then Ice would go back into retirement again.
Bender in the Ice Cooler? You mean a party, yes? Because that robot from Futurama ain't allowed back there no way, no how! (Unless he's bringing his own...)
And yes, Mrs. Lincoln said she enjoyed the RELIX show immensely. She even asked if we would mind playing at a wake she was planning to throw...

cheshirecollector
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Hope your back gets better, Ice!

And just for the record, yes I did (I won't say what to see if anyone else did). :secret:

Patricia
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Hope your back gets better, Ice!

And just for the record, yes I did (I won't say what to see if anyone else did). :secret:

I might have.. but I won't say for sure in case I wrongly implicate myself in some weird thing ya'll don't want to hear about.

Sounds like a flurry of activity with the Ice man.

wizardmickey
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
So, Venetia says that she DID, and Patti says she MIGHT HAVE... Glad we have that straight. Are there pictures?

Ok, last night's practice got postoned until tonight so our Lead Axe-Man, who lives where we play, could deal with our Ex-Keyboardist coming to pick up his equipment. He just felt that, especially in lieu of his odd behavior that last night, it would be better to avoid anymore drama by letting him get his stuff while we weren't all standing around.

Spent today at the Ortho doctor. It wasn't such good news. Seems that my bike crash from 22 years ago has left lasting damage; My L-3 & L-4are severly degenerated with spurs developing, and L-5 & S-1 are showing advanced signs of degeneration. So he ignored my knees all together today (he seemed more concerned about my back) and hit me with a needle full of happy cortisone/pain stuff right into the base of my spine and changed my pain prescription. He wants to try pain management for the next 2 weeks, see me again & see what's what and make a decision from there. I guess no more "Stage Diving" for the Ancient Rocker... :old:

RicksCafe
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
And just for the record, yes I did

I might have.. Do you know, for about five years now I've been trying to figure out what Venetia did and what Patti might have done. Cause if Patti "might" have done it, you knooow it had to be good.

And I just figured it out! Go me!

Ricks (who gol' darn gone and done it)

varcity
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, if it's any consolation, I am not paying any attention to what may or may not have been done by a select two... More interested in how the wing-dude goes. :mickey:

A good band needs a Keyboardist, need my brother ;) haha. Hope all is well with the back, that's not fun. I know the knees arent fun (all the running and jumping in basketball preceeded by 10 years of being catcher in baseball) I know that hurts!