PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana review

Vinny
06-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Just flew in from WDW last night and had a great time. One of the highlights of the trip was the dinner that me and my father had at 'Ohana. We arrived at the Polynesian about an hour before our ADR time to explore around the resort for a bit. After checking in at the restaurant, we were able to get in 40 minutes prior to our ADR time. Once we arrived at the table, our servers Eric and Debbie did the rest. The best part of the meal was the presentation and quality of the food. The chicken wings were very good but nothing could top the 3 foot beef, pork and sausage kabobs made on the open fire pit and the bread pudding for desert. The musician was also very entertaining and got almost everyone in the restaurant involved in the act. 'Ohana is definitely on my list of must do's for future trips.

After receiving such great service from our servers, I have decided to write a letter to WDW on their behalf, regarding our experience at 'Ohana. Would anyone happen to have the address to where I would need to send it to? Thanks in advance for the info.

January-2007
06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
So glad you enjoyed yourselves at 'Ohana! We just loved our breakfast there, glad you had a great time at dinner. I don't know where to send a letter, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with that information. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

splashtest
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Ohana....but they give you way too much food. By the time you munch on the wontons, salad, endless shrimp, to die for wings, veggies, the best scallopes potatoes on the earth...I'm stuffed. Then you still have all the meat to get through. Honestly, I could do without all the meat and be happier. It is way too overcooked and dry IMO. I was not impressed by the meat at all...but it is still worth it.:chef:

stitchcousin
06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm so glad to hear about your experience. We're dining there in November and I can't wait now!! I'm not sure about the address, but I sent an email last year to them and they responded with an email too. Just go to the official disney site and click on "contact us". It's super easy and convenient!!

Llamaface23
06-10-2007, 10:19 AM
'Ohana has been my favorite restaurant in all of WDW for a long time now! I really do feel like family and even though I dont have any kids, I enjoy watching the kids with the singer as they dance around the room. Not to mention the amazing food--thats a given :mickey:

T-Belle
06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
We're trying Ohana's for the first time next visit. I can't wait!:eat:

A Big Kid
06-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I could do without all the meat and be happier. It is way too overcooked and dry IMO. I was not impressed by the meat at all...:

That would be my review.

We went in January, arrived 10 minutes before our ADR and waited 55 minutes to be seated. As we were walking to our table, we noticed half the tables were empty. :confused:

While the concept is good, in my opinion, the place needs some leadership to make it more guest friendly and less bottom line concious.

moe513
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
We love ohanas but last time are service was horrible. Im glad to hear your service was great.

princessimagineer
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
im eating there for the first time this august and now im very excited. thank you :eat: :lei: