PDA

View Full Version : TL or BB

WDW_girl
06-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Which is better, TL or BB? We can only go to one of them and we cant decide. :confused:

PirateLover
06-09-2007, 12:34 AM
It really depends on the type of experience you're looking for. Blizzard Beach is much better when it comes to the variety of slide attractions, but I prefer Typhoon Lagoon's lazy river. Typhoon Lagoon also has Crush N Gusher and those "water coasters" are so much fun. Many people love the wave pool there as well... It doesn't blow me over because I go in the real ocean all the time but it is still really awesome. The strength of the waves is realistic and you don't have icky salt water to deal with.

If you forced me to choose, I would probably pick Blizzard Beach. But both parks have their merits

Doug The Disney Man`
06-09-2007, 01:13 AM
I like BB better because the wave pool is more relaxed and sort of bobs you around. The huge waves at TL are probably cooler for most grown ups, but I have a bit of a fear of water and my son, who is five was almost swept away in one of those TL waves! Heck, I was almost swept away.

I guess if you're a thrill seeker, the slides, etc., at TL are probably the better bet. If you're more into a relaxing-type day, I'd go with BB.

pcoleman
06-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Since we live in the north and go either during winter or just after, we like TL with all the tropical feel. BB is too white and does not have that relaxed feel to it. DD also loves the sand area at TL better.

Donald Duck 224
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
A prevalent topic on intercot. Crush'n gusher is a lot of fun and the lazy river is great, but overall i would probably choose BB

krorx
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
You didn't say if you have kids, and if so, what ages, but we have done both and seem to enjoy BB more. Don't get me wrong TL is fabulous and well themed, but we found BB had more slides and things to do. If you're looking for a more tropical relaxed air, TL is it. If you're looking for more things to do, BF is your best bet. :surfing:

kaylamag
06-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Disney made my choice for me. Since i am going in January, BB will be closed for refurbishment. Thats ok, DH and DNiece are looking into surf lessons at TL.

Soul_Power
06-10-2007, 03:09 PM
My vote is for Typhoon Lagoon all the way!

I just got back from a wonderful eight days at WDW and my boyfriend and I went to both water parks. You can't beat Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool - you just can't. Crush n Gusher was A LOT of fun as well and I actually liked their lazy river more than Blizzard Beach's. On the days when the lines to the slides are really long, I think Typhoon Lagoon gives you more non-slide activities to do.

..just my two cents :mickey:

thejens
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM
You will love Typhoon Lagoon! It sounds like there is no bad choice. I've never done Blizzrd Beach, but I think TL offers a great variety with a beautiful tropical feel.

mttafire
06-15-2007, 10:12 PM
My vote is for Typhoon Lagoon all the way!

I just got back from a wonderful eight days at WDW and my boyfriend and I went to both water parks. You can't beat Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool - you just can't. Crush n Gusher was A LOT of fun as well and I actually liked their lazy river more than Blizzard Beach's. On the days when the lines to the slides are really long, I think Typhoon Lagoon gives you more non-slide activities to do.

..just my two cents :mickey:
I agree, We love T.L.:thumbsup: