PDA

View Full Version : How do suites compare at Beach Club/Yaht Club/Boardwalk?

LisRich
06-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Am beginning planning for next trip. We've stayed at Contemporary Tower Club and loved it but I'm looking for a one-bedroom suite in an Epcot deluxe for next time. We would want two queens in a one-bedroom suite and I can't determine which of the three would be preferable. Anyone have any experiences w/these????

kathymk616
06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I have stayed at a 1BR suite in both BW and BC. If I recall correctly, the layout/size/amenities of the rooms were quite similar. I think your decision should be made based on which hotel you prefer overall. (I personally prefer the theme, evening activity, and...yes...the POOL at Boardwalk! But BC is terrific, too.)

Have fun!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I think the problem with those particular resorts, is finding the bedding that you want. To the best of my knowledge, none of the 3 resorts has exactly what you're looking for. The bedding in a 1 bedroom suite at the BC is a king bed and daybed in the bedroom, plus another daybed in the living room (separated by french doors). The BWI has a garden 1-bedroom suite, with a king bed upstairs and a sleep sofa on the ground level. I think the YC might have 2 rooms available that are classified as a 1-bedroom suite and have 2 queen beds. To the best of my knowledge though, you can only request that layout, it's not a guarantee and you could possibly have the king bed/day bed option instead.

They all offer deluxe rooms with 2 queen beds, however, it's just one big room, with no separation. The GF, Poly and WL have units that would fit your specifications.

You may want to touch base with Karen from Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Karen/suites.htm#Beach%20Club%20Resort). She is an expert on the Disney suites and can probably help you out with your decision.

kathymk616
06-10-2007, 11:22 PM
While I agree that the Boardwalk Inn doesn't have the particular bedding that the OP asked about, I believe the 1BR villa does. I'm almost positive (but not 100%!) that in those villas/suites, you can get a bedroom with 2 queens. Out in the (separated) living room is a sofa with a pull-out bed...the size of which I can't remember (either double or queen). Maybe someone will come along soon who stayed in one of the villas recently and can help clarify...

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
The layouts I have for the 1 bedroom villa shows a king bed in the bedroom and queen pullout sofa in the living room (both BWV and BCV).

Edited to add, I believe the OP was inquiring about actual suites within the main buildings of the resort and not necessarily the villas.

LisRich
06-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Actually, a king bed w/a daybed or space for a rollaway would suit us as well. Our reason is that my husband and I would like to be able to put our 6 year old to bed and then be able to watch TV, sit out on a balcony, etc. and not disturb our son.
Additional question to my original - does the BWI have 1 bedroom suites in addition to the garden suites w/the loft??? I've seen conflicting information about this while researching. I think I've narrowed my choices down to BWI or YC. Thanks again!

TammiMcMan
06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Lisa,

To the best of my knowledge, the BWI has the garden suites (2 floors) and the deluxe (no separation between the sleeping area). From there, they go into 2 bedroom suites.

If you go with the Yacht Club, the room numbers for the 2 queens in the private bedroom are 3201 and 4201. They both have full balconies and are a little bit bigger than their Beach Club counterparts. You aren't on the same level as the club lounge, but the elevator is close by. Personally, I'm not overly impressed with the lounge at the YC and I think after staying at the CR Tower Club, you'll notice a pretty big difference. You can't beat the location though.