PDA

View Full Version : Just received free upgrade from Value to DVC

Jumpin'JiminyCricket
06-08-2007, 07:59 PM
:mickey:

I thought it was a joke, I receieved an email saying we received a free upgrade from All Star Music to either Saratoga or Key West. I called the number and the dude was like "Done." It was so fast and easy I had to ask if it was for real. Apparently they booked to many rooms for the value hotels, so b/c I booked way early, they bumped us up to the hotel of our choice for our entire stay. Awesome.:number1:

I picked Saratoga for the Downtown Disney factor, any thoughts?

cgriff
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
There have been others who have been given this upgrade offer.
Read about it here:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106794

Enjoy your free upgrade!

cgriff

January-2007
06-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Just curious, what are your dates of travel? The other person who posted about receiving a free upgrade to a DVC property was travelling at the tail end of August, which seems to be one of the most popular times during the Free Dining. Just curious when you're travelling?

TiggerRPh
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
:mickey:

I thought it was a joke, I receieved an email saying we received a free upgrade from All Star Music to either Saratoga or Key West. I called the number and the dude was like "Done." It was so fast and easy I had to ask if it was for real. Apparently they booked to many rooms for the value hotels, so b/c I booked way early, they bumped us up to the hotel of our choice for our entire stay. Awesome.:number1:

I picked Saratoga for the Downtown Disney factor, any thoughts?

Personally....I would have taken Old Key West. OKW is our home resort...so I'm a little biased, but I've not been a fan of SSR. I don't think that the closeness to DTD is that much of an advantage...to me anyway.

I like the laid back atmosphere of OKW better.

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Cool.... I was not giving a free upgrade from a value to a DVC... But, I did visit Saratoga Springs during my recent visit, and the resort looks beautiful.....

DizneyRox
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
SSR is not my favorite resort, but getting out of the values to any other resort is not a bad deal at all.

I didn't like the bus service at SSR nor the huge spread of the resort. BW or BC are my favorite DVC resorts, at least until AKL are open. Than I'm sure that will be my favorite.

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Congrats! We love SSR. I've stayed at quite a few places (OKW included) and prefer SSR over OKW. That's just us, though. It's all Disney and it's all good!! Pools are beautiful, food is good, what's not to love?! I've never had an issue with bus service at SSR. It's always been pretty quick for our family to and from the parks.

Hope you have a great time. SSR has very quiet rooms - that's nice after a long day. I'm guessing you are in a studio... you'll get a fridge, microwave, some paper plates/bowls/plastice utensils, bottle opener/corkscrew, toaster, coffee pot. Have a wonderful trip. Maybe you'll want to buy into the DVC when you are done!

:stitch2:

rnin02
06-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow, what an offer!!! That would blow my mind, congratulations.

LudwigVonDrake
06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm thinking that Disney wants you to LOVE the DVC resort so much that you'll want to sign up :mickey: