PDA

View Full Version : MK or AK this Sunday Afternoon?

tpalmer1031
06-08-2007, 05:00 PM
We will arrive at the Beach club this Sunday!!!!!! yeah!

We will have lunch and spend time at the pool and napping. Cannot decide to go to MK or AK sunday evening-

Since it is evening EMH at MK when does it start to get crowded?-we will not be staying late as we have a 3 yr old-

How is AK in the late afternoon, early evening?
Thanks, Tina

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Since EMH in the MK are on Sunday, your best bet would deffinatly be AK. MK will probably be packed from about 2PM till closing.

In the late afternoon early evening, AK is not so crowded, and the temperature is mild. You'd deffinatly be better off at AK.

JOrdan :]

TikiGoddess
06-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I have been to the MK on a Sunday afternoon/eve in July and it's very crowded. You can do some of the rides --- the ones that never seem to have a wait are only 10 min waits or so (small world, tiki room, etc.). So if you HAVE to go to the MK for the first day of your trip, it doable but not ideal.

I would try out AK. I've heard that after the parade (usually 4pm) the crowds thin out. You should be able to do some rides. Plus there are lots of animals and things to see (take the paths around the base of the Tree of Life!!) that won't be affected by any crowds.

Have fun!!
TikiG

Goofy Texan
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
A few years ago in May I took my family to the Magic Kingdom for our first night. It was a Saturday and the only night that week we could see SpectroMagic. The place was packed! We took our time walking down Main Street and finding a spot to wait for the parade. We ate popcorn, got to know the people around us and enjoyed the night time atmosphere in the park. The parade was a hit, the exiting crowds around the castle hub were elbow to elbow - it was a real mad house!

But --- The rest of the week we never saw crowds that big again. After seeing ride waits of 60 to 90 minutes that Saturday, a 30 minute wait seemed like a walk on. What normally would have been dissappointingly crowded to us prior to that Saturday wasn't any more.

What a frequent Disney visitor sees as light crowds, can be seen as very crowded to a first time or infrequent visitor. That Saturday night allowed my family to go from Disney crowd newbies to seasoned pros in one evening.

It also made it much easier to get everyone up in the morning to get there at opening!

I suggest you go where you most want to go and focus on the atmosphere and simpler attractions. There will be plenty of time later to do the big things.