PDA

View Full Version : Help: PhotoMovie Assistance Needed

pshokie
06-08-2007, 02:57 PM
We are looking into getting the PhotoMovie DVD, but we have 2 problems. Well, one is a nit, the other is a problem.

The problem: for the life of us, we cannot get the DVD "Preview" to play for Disney-MGM Studios. We have photos loaded, but it just sits there in the "loading" state....mocking us with that little progress circle. :mad: Can someone who has the PhotoMovie DVD please relate what the "order" of the movie is? By this I mean the background/forground images. We want to get the photos as synched as possible.

Example, on the MK chapter, there is a point where Snow White waltzes across the screen. So of course we put our picture of DS&DD with SW. Keep with the theme, ya know? :thumbsup:

For the nit: What are the "special extras" they add? The two I have heard of are when Stich bites one of the picture frames, and the other is when Goofy throws a pail of water/paint the screen. When do these occur and what/where are the other ones? It would be nice to know where these are so that we could match up our Stich/Goofy/Water Pictures with these "extras".

Rapid response appreciated. Our Photopass expires on 6/12. I can here the tick-tock right now.....:blush:

TIA!

ILoveLegos
06-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi, I just viewed my photopass movie to refresh my memory and I can truly say that there is so much happening in the forfront and background in this video that it would be like writing a thesis to get it all down on paper as to what's happening when each picture was inserted. Plus I'd hate to reduce the work of the designers of this really cute video to a list that reads like, "Stich throws water 14.7 seconds into the video, 4th picture appears with a starry background and follows with a shot of thunder mountain railroad coming over the hill". Plus that might be viewed as a bit of a spoiler for someone considering purchasing this video or could even be a copywrite infringement in some states.:blush:
What I can do is offer you some advice, basically just put the pictures in an order that has meaning and significance to you, that's all we did. Our video actually chronicles over 21 years of Disney trips! We simple selected those special shots from photo passes and even added our own snapshots from our family album archives (which we simply first scaned into our computer, uploaded them and then added to our picture list) we just placed the photos into the "right" theme park or extra area. The finished product is now for us, like watching our family grow up in Disney World and chronicles 4 generations enjoying the parks together - truly a "Best of Disney World" video! We cherish it very much.
As far as getting the pictures to match up with the background - ours generally don't but that's what adds to the unexpected surprise of the video {plus a few extra surprises, of course :secret:}. However, we did happen to place a picture of my mom holding on to the singing in the rain umbrella and that's the picture that gets splashed - so I do know what you mean about how neat it would be to line everything up in a manner where the picture matches the background.
I think that watching the preview videos like you are doing will help the most in getting things to work out the way that you want. When I looked at my preview videos, they loaded pretty quickly - but I was using a cable modem, maybe now there is a "bug" with the MGM portion of the preview, hope that it works out so that you can see that preview soon.
Anyway, I hope my comments help you to make good decisions about how to place your photos. I think that what makes this video truly outstanding is that your loved ones are the stars in it - and it's very Disney! :mickey: