PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Pool Slide Rules?

TikiGoddess
06-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

I am planning a non-park day in our upcoming trip so that we can enjoy the pool and surroundings of our resort, the WL. I know there is a slide at the pool, but I'm not sure of the rules of the slide. Can my DH and I take the girls on the slide with us? Will my 4 yr old be able to go on it by herself, wearing a floatie vest?

Thanks!
TikiG

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
The pool slides are one at a time. Our DS3 has been going down them by himself since he was 22 months old wearing a vest (WL, Poly, POFQ). One of us takes him up, and the other is at the bottom of the slide to assist him if needed. The inclines are so gradual -- I am sure she will be fine!:mickey:

vamaggie
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
If they have not changed the slide since 04 (when we were last there) there is also a bit of a "tunnel" at the top. Not long at all (< 2x the length of my arm if I recall correctly) but best to prepard DD ahead of time. My DS went down with arm floaties when he was 4 and LOVED it! It is a great slide for kids and adults too. One thing I would recommend is that whichever parent is at the bottom--watch the water flow and stand to the side it flows to. (I didn't do this at first and DS ended up getting pushed away from me!)

pox24
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
No problem, just make sure your DH has his suit on. WDW frowns upon natural swimmers. I'm from CT. It's a small world after all.:D

LibertyTreeGal
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't see any rules being enforced while I was there, so another recommendation, if you have the parent power -- one at the bottom and one at the top. We had our 4 year old twins and they were having a blast, but there were a few kids not waiting until a kid was even halfway down before starting down the slide. This can result in crashes as one is not out of the way before someone lands on their head. So I went to the top and had them all wait. Worked well except for one little girl who never waited, not once in 20 slides. Strange, all of the boys and not one of them was the slightest bit of a problem! :mickey:

Catzle
06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
We were just there and the kids sometimes don't wait before going and they do come down a little close. At the Poly there is a red light/green light so the kids know when to go but WL there isn't. I have seen parents go down with their kids and than if the lifeguards sees it they will say something to them. But with the kids not waiting it's probably hard sometimes for them to tell. My kids liked the slide and it's not so big that the little ones don't enjoy it, you can also get a lifejacket at WL, just show your room key and it's free.

Bohms4
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
. Worked well except for one little girl who never waited, not once in 20 slides. Strange, all of the boys and not one of them was the slightest bit of a problem! :mickey:

Yes that's strange, boys are NEVER a problem. :crazy: