PDA

View Full Version : Which Wagon is Best??

mjaclyn
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi all! For those of you who have children and a wagon...I need some help!! DH and I would LOVE to take our DD strawberry picking this weekend. However, because the rows are dirt we'd really rather not take the stroller. Instead, we're thinking of getting a wagon to pull her around. The problem I'm having is that there are SO many available I really have no idea which one to buy. There are a bunch of different brands, metal, plastic, huge wheels, small wheels, seats, cup holders, etc. etc. Seatbelts are a must because our DD is still quite young. Any suggestions? Which wagon would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
We have a red Step 2 wagon for our DD. It is plastic with large red wheels. (Not the big off road style though)
It has seatbelts, cup holders and came with an umbrella for the sun that is removable. :cool:
She loves it. We take it to the zoo and for walks with friends since she no longer uses a stroller.

We had an older Radio Flyer wagon that we just got rid of that was also plastic. It did not have seatbelts. The only thing it did have that I wish the new one did, was a removable seat with storage underneath. It came in handy if we were bringing snacks and things and had a friend with us. Of course, if she is alone I just put the cooler on the other seat.

We got the new one at Toys R Us for $50 or so. They have a lot to choose from.

HTH

meldan98
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
We got the Radio Flyer with the flip up seats. The seat backs flip up and create seats. It does have seat belts and we also got an extra blue storage area that attaches to back. It isn't the trailer that can attach though. We use it when we go to Apple Hill and when we go to pick pumpkins and it works great. It also has cup holders, but beware, on very bumpy terrain, the drinks do slosh. We did not get the canopy though. It just seemed like overkill.

TigChatt
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I also got the one that Meldan has. Jack has only had it a couple of days and LOVES it. The seats and the seat belts are a MUST. Jack never sits still. I love the extra basket too. I got it at Toys R Us and only spent $50. Well worth it if you ask me. I didnt like the Step 2 one

crazypoohbear
06-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Are the rows for the strawberry field large enough to fit a wagon through?

I have seen the plastic molded wagon with the big wheels lots of places. They seem to work at the beach well.

BrerGnat
06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
I have gone strawberry picking a few times. The rows seem WAY too narrow for a wagon, plus they aren't flat. There are ridges in the soil. The owners of the farm/field may not let in wagons. At the local ones here, everyone must be on foot power only. :)

I think you'd be better off carrying her and letting her walk (if she's walking yet) when you get to the berries. If she's too young to be walking, then invest in a Hip Hammock instead.