PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

greene
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
What do you do with your stuff ( backpack /bag) when your riding on rides? Can you take it with you?

ariel03
06-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes you take your stuff (bag) with you. I usually wrap my backpack around my legs if there isn't a mess bag provided on the ride to put your stuff in.:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes you take your stuff (bag) with you. I usually wrap my backpack around my legs if there isn't a mess bag provided on the ride to put your stuff in.:thumbsup:

Ditto! :thumbsup:

CAS
06-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Some rides such as Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom even provide compartments for your belongings in the ride vehicles.

Many other theme parks ask you to leave your bags before you enter ride vehicles; I've always enjoyed the fact that Disney allows this practice. :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Some rides such as Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom even provide compartments for your belongings in the ride vehicles.

Many other theme parks ask you to leave your bags before you enter ride vehicles; I've always enjoyed the fact that Disney allows this practice. :mickey:

i agree i was never too happy leaving my bag behind while i went on an attraction

thrillme
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Most of the rides you can easily take them with you. It seems like they design a lot of their rides to support this but of course you may have difficulty should you take a backpack big enough to house Herbie the Lovebug.

Michigander
06-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I rent a stroller and keep everything in there that I'll need for the day. I have never had anything taken and it's so much eaiser on my back to roll a stroller around the park then to carry all that weight on my back. Plus the crown seems to part for a stroller coming through. I even put a cooler in the stroller with cold drinks and things to eat.:thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Ditto. At Universal you have to buy a locker to get on MIB if you have bags, and it takes forever to program them. i love disney for letting us take our stuff ON the rides.

JOrdan:]

jenperich
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Ditto. At Universal you have to buy a locker to get on MIB if you have bags.JOrdan:]

That's how Busch Gardens is. We went there last month and we had to pay for a locker before EVERY ride. It was such a pain in the neck. Thank goodness for Disney. :-)

pook@wdw
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
We don't take enough stuff w/us to need a "bag/backpack". Everything we take can be put in a small fanny pack. Water bottles can hang on the belt, and caps too (when not being worn). The less you take the quicker you get thru security and the less you have to keep up with!:D

Tink-N-Me
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Just a reminder...if you have electronics (i.e. cell phone and/or camera) you may want to stash a ziplock bag for the water rides like Splash Mountain or the Kali Rapides. We had a set of radios get wet even inside the compartment on the Kali Rapides ride.

RockChalkKimball
06-08-2007, 11:12 PM
If it is my turn to be the "pack mule", I always move around the bag to my front and put it on "backwards". I am so paranoid about putting it down and forgetting it, so I have to leave it on my body.

snifflesmcg
06-09-2007, 01:31 AM
We don't take enough stuff w/us to need a "bag/backpack". Everything we take can be put in a small fanny pack. Water bottles can hang on the belt, and caps too (when not being worn). The less you take the quicker you get thru security and the less you have to keep up with!:D

Same here. My rule of thumb last year that if I couldn't fit it in my pocket, it didn't go with me.

Lizzie
06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Anyone ever have a problem leaving a bag with the stroller? Our diaper bag hooks to the stroller and my husband hates hauling it off and on for the rides.

EPCOT.nut
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree Universal is the biggest PIA about having bags. The locker system really takes so much time from your FUN. Disney is far superior! :mickey:

I try very hard not to bring bags into WDW because I get tired of carrying them. Space Mountain has an incredibly small space for your items and that is a hard ride to go on after I've been to a few gift shops. :)

Dyanna
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Anyone ever have a problem leaving a bag with the stroller? Our diaper bag hooks to the stroller and my husband hates hauling it off and on for the rides.

We must have the same bag. Was also going to ask this question but you beat me to it:thumbsup: Anyone able to answer this question about leaving diaper bags with your stroller while on rides?

Michigander
06-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I have been going to WDW for the last 19 years and have always gotten a stroller to use as a store all items for the day carrier and I have never had anything taken. Like I said when you travel with kids babies or teens it works great to beable to put everything in the stroller from extra sweatshirts to a cooler filled with things to eat and drink (saving a ton of money on fast food, plus you get to bring in what you want to eat like fresh fruit and not have to pay the big bucks for it) When I use the stroller the crowd parts for me to come through and I don't have to take my bags on the rides. I grab my camera and my money and the rest stays in the stroller. We eat our lunch from whats in the cooler and then we can afford to have a nicer dinner at a sit down place. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Just remember that if you are using a fanny pack and it's in the front to kind of push it to the side for any lap bar rides. Or it might get squished.
And if you are carrying a lot of things "just in case" you can always rent a locker at any of the parks and go get what you need, when you need it.