PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for x-mas visit

gauvin4
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
My family and I will be at WDW the week of x-mas this year. I would like to know from all of you who have been there at this time before if going to MK the day after x-mas is a good plan. I do not want to go x-mas day as I am sure it will be packed, but I'm wondering if it will be just a packed the next day. I know that this is the most crowded time so I am prepared for the crowds. Any advide welcome.
Thanks

Jeff
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
The MK probably will "close" due to capacity several days over Christmas week. Get there as the park opens on the 26th and you can still get a lot done. I would bet MK will "close" on the 26th but not as early as it will on the 25th.

We have gone several years over Christmas week and will be there again this year. Getting to the parks as they open is the key to seeing and doing things you wish to do.

Lynn J Mc
06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
The day after Christmas was elbow to elbow in Fantasy Land and you couldn't see the ground for the sea of people. Other lands were not as bad. This was in 2003. Christmas Eve crowds were more manageable at MK. Christmas Day we went to Animal Kingdom. Crowded but not as bad. We took my niece to Camp Minnie Mickey to see the characters in their Christmas attire. We had dinner reservations at the Rainforest for closing time at AK. After we ate the CM at the Bus stop called a bus to take us to our hotel, the Contemporary. We were the only family on the bus. We hopped over to the MK and hit the rides in Frontierland and Adventureland during the parade. Wait time was 5 minutes. Have fun and take it easy. It is a wonderful experience at Christmas.

gauvin4
06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. My plan is to get to the park early (as long as I can get my Husband moving);)

disneycouple2004
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
:mickey:
We are going the same time you are this year.
all the other posts are correct, get there early.
We love it even though its very crowded we celebrate our anniversary each year as we were married at the World in 2004. Advise is pack your patience and enjoy the magic !!:D
have a great trip !!

emmingo
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
My family did this every year, and I think our biggest "lesson" was...make a plan for eating ASAP and ADRs! More than just the parks, the restaurants (even in DTD) are packed!

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
yep.
get there early and you'll be fine as long as your prepared for the crowds.

Jordan:]

Tick-Tock
06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
It also depends on the weather. In 2006 the 26th was overcast with occasional showers. A CM told me the park cut back the projections for attendance to @30-35K because of the weather (that's probably half of the usual projections for that week, because MK often fills to capacity). When it cleared up a little in the afternoon, MK started to get crowded. The next day, it was sunny and I hear the parks were packed.

Definitely have your ADRs in place for your entire stay.

Meteora
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
We go during Christmas week ever year.
As others have said, get there early. Your best bet would be to get there at opening (during Christmas week the MK has extra-magic hours every morning), then plan to leave the park around noon or slightly before. That way you'll get to do several things, but you'll get out before it becomes uncomfortably crowded. Evenings and mornings are always better in the MK, especially if it's a bit cold or rainy.

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, have your adr's lined up!

If you can move your trip up a bit earlier, it will be much less crowded. We have gone right before Christmas in the past (came home on the 24th) and the crowds were light.

Good luck and have patience!
:stitch2:

larrybob
06-13-2007, 08:42 AM
We went during Christmas a few years ago, and the advice I got here before I went was whatever you do don't even think about going to MK on Christmas day. So we went to AK instead, and it was great! There were crowds, but I wouldn't call it crowded. We did everything we wanted to. Mk and Epcot closed to new guests very early that day.

The day after Christmas we went to MK; I don't remember what time we entered the park, but it was the least crowded I have ever seen it when we first arrived. It was almost like having a private party there. We walked from the front to Frontier Land and hardly saw anyone on the way; it was a little spooky. We rode 'the mountains' multiple times with essentially no wait at all. I do remember late in the morning things getting really crowded, and then we decided to leave. It was great while it lasted though.

DDuck66
06-13-2007, 09:49 AM
My DW and I were at MK on Christmas Day last year. The weather was not good (rainy) but it was still packed. We used the EMH (morning) and were able to do everything before it really got crowded. From about 11:00 on, we did a lot of people watching and really enjoyed ourselves. It was not a typical Disney vacation, as we spent a lot of time watching and resting instead of Go! Go! Go!

LoriMistress
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
If you're looking for advice, follow these people. If you want an effective plan that will help you have a wonderful trip with less stress and dealing with low crowds, then I would suggest either signing up for the Unofficial Guide or Tour Guide Mike. I'm using TGM for our December vacation this year, and he's worth every single penny! I thought I was an expert at WDW...not until I signed up for his site.