PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY!! Don't slip...

MickeysGirl
06-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Hey everybody and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Today is a very interesting day. I checked the June Celebrations list (Thanks Jeanne!) and it seems that today is Banana Split Day! :tasty: A treat like that would be really nice around these parts right now, as it's starting to get warm out! :whew:

So why not get this party going with today's...

Bananarama Slip and Slide Friday Party!:surfing:

Happy Friday Everybody!!

Specialty Drink of the Day: :marg: Banana Split
... with Banana Shakes for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:papple: :wine: :beer:

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! We have quite the to do list around here, as we ae officially 8 days away from the wedding! Who knew it would ever get here! Have a great one everyone!!

For those interested...

BANANA SPLIT

0.5 oz. Vodka
1.5 oz. Creme de Banana
1 oz. Creme de Cacao
1 oz. Light Cream

Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a Cocktail glass and serve.

pogo
06-08-2007, 07:06 AM
:party: HAPPY FRIDAY ! :party:
I hope everybody has a wonderfull weekend.:thumbsup:

Hmmmmm...... only eight days, huh ? ......... Feel any tension building yet ? :blush:

I'll pass on the drink this morning but I think in honor of "Banana Split Day, I'll stop and get a banana split later. :D

alpro2
06-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Happy Friday everyone! If you don't mind, I'll take Pogo's cocktail. :D

8 days!....Wow! :thumbsup:

JanetMegan
06-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

It's going to be an interesting weekend for me and next week as well as most of my friends and co-workers are camping for the next 10 days and I have to stay and work, but I did offer to "cater their camping" and I'll be cooking dinner for them each night-whew. So wish me some camp cooking pixie dust please ;)

Not a huge banana fan, but I'll take a :marg: to get me started this morning!

Caroleh
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!

That drink sounds great!!! I'll have to wait til after work(ummmmm, maybe during work, it'll make the day more interesting!!!).

8 more days!! How exciting!!!

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll take one please Jamie!

You should have two in case you are in prep-overload!! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
That drink sounds yummy! Is there a low cal version?:D

disneydrmr
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
That drink sounds really good and after the day I had yesterday here at work, I'll take two! And I'll take them NOW while I"m at work! That way I KNOW I'll mange to get thru this day. I sure hope everyone has a great weekend! I have some Ben & Jerry's Banana split ice cream in my freezer at home so I'll make sure and have that for dessert tonight! :tasty:

MauiMouse
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey Jamie! Happy Friday Girl! :D

I'll take the ice cream version please, that and a cold Coke. :thumbsup:

mtown71
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Happy Friday all! Have a good & safe weekend. I am not that huge of a banana fan but I will try the drink. (esp. after the week I had!) TGIF!!!!!

MickeysGirl
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hmmmmm...... only eight days, huh ? ......... Feel any tension building yet ? :blush:

Tension... nah! Highly distracted with all the little details, you could say that! :scared:

But we're actually doing pretty good. We only have to work Monday and Tuesday of next week, so that will help. We have Wednesday to get the details all figured out, Thursday my Matron of honor (and her family) and our Minister (who the whole lot are friends so it'll be great fun!) are coming in town and we're cooking out at the house. And Friday we head over to Panama City and have the rehearsal and dinner. Then Saturday, around 3pm, I'll be hopefully not falling down the aisle! :blush:

Still pretty unbelievable. I hope time slows down a bit when it gets here so I can actually enjoy my own wedding!! :bride: :groom:

MsMin
06-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Jamie, do enjoy your wedding. Little things can and do go wrong but focus on the day!
I'm going to let that banana "slip" by ;)
Rough week. But my coffee is ready.... \

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Jeff G
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
For those interested...

BANANA SPLIT

0.5 oz. Vodka
1.5 oz. Creme de Banana
1 oz. Creme de Cacao
1 oz. Light Cream

Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a Cocktail glass and serve.

This sounds like a great summer drink. Cheers to evreyone this fine summer Friday:beer:!

vizsla
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
:party:Happy Friday Everyone:party:

ChipDale
06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
:chip: Happy Friday! :dale:

I'm not a banana fan either, so I think I'll just stick to my regular 6X :beer: please Jamie! :D

:sun: :pick: Have a great weekend, everybody!:pick: :sun:

Beach Club Babe
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
:marg:Happy Friday Everyone!:marg:

I'm up for a Banana Split! It's gonna be a hot one here today!:cool:

Nascfan
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Hope everybody has a glorious weekend.

I'll take a real banana split please. Oh heck give me the Kitchen Sink! :D

Piglet822
06-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Then Saturday, around 3pm, I'll be hopefully not falling down the aisle!

You're gonna do fine!!!!! And your wedding will probably be a whirlwind to you but you'll get to watch the videos later and say, OMG!!! I did that?!?!?!?!? :blush:

I'm going to pass on the drinks (but it sure sounds good) and since I've lost close to 10 pounds I'm going to pass on the real thing as well (boy, I sound pretty dull). Can I have a Diet Pepsi?

ElenitaB
06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I'd asked for a virgin version of that drink but I'd end up with creme over ice (blech). Can I have a banana shake instead (with skim)? See, I can be "good" too, Jeanne! :blush:

Jamie, I got tears of joy in my eyes when I read that you and Nigie are tying the knot in 8 days! I'm so excited for your both. I'll be there in spirit (you know why). God bless you both! I can't wait to see pictures.

SgtTigger
06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Well, Hello Everyone.....

Happy Friday but not for me......

You see I just got back from the most magical place in the world......

Yep Disney World....... So we are kind of bummed......

But I just thought I would drop in and say Hi to everyone.....

I am tired from all that driving...........

Geeeee 8 days huh????????? Will I get to dance at the wedding???? :trio:

:cop: :tigger:

Dr_Nigel_C
06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Happy Friday everyone...drinks are on the way!

Will I get to dance at the wedding????

Yes -- but not with me! :razz:

Glad you guys had a safe and fun trip...did you leave any pixie dust down there for us?

See you in 8 days! Hmm....anybody else want to come? :D

Cheers!

drummerboy
06-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Happy, um, yesterday! Can't believe I missed the festivities today. What was I thinking?

Hey, I've got the polka band all packed and ready for the reception. What time do we start playing?

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 03:30 AM
:mickey: Well, I'm a little late, but happy Friday everyone! I hope you all had a great day! I think I'll try one of those banana drinks tomorrow after I get up... yumm!!

Jamie - have a GREAT time at your wedding!! Wow - 8 days!! Congrats a week early! :cloud9: