PDA

View Full Version : We're moving...again!

AFDisneyFam
06-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, we've been here in beautiful Navarre, FL for a year. While on vacation last week in AZ (where I grew up), the homeowner (we rent) calls and tells us he's decided that he wants to sell the house, as insurance rates and property taxes have skyrocketed here in the panhandle. He no longer wishes to pay these rates and hates managing property while deployed (he's Army). I can't say that I blame him. We don't want to buy since DH is also in the military (Air Force). DH goes to Iraq later this summer to be followed by a 1+ year remote tour somewhere yet to be determined. I was crushed, as I love this house and the area. It's bad enough to have DH gone so much on and off for the next two years (I complain very little about this, as Army, Marine, and Navy wives suffer much worse). But to have to move? UGH!!!

Then DH came up with a wonderful idea. I had been checking into teaching here in Florida, but it's sort of a good ol' boys club, where you have to know someone who knows someone. While in AZ though, DH and I found that my old school district helps people like me, as I already have a bachelor's degree in a non-teaching related field and now I need to get certified. I got the teaching bug two years ago in San Antonio, but haven't stayed anywhere long enough to get permanently certified.

So, with DH going away on and off for the next two years, I'm going to move back to Phoenix and finish my certification and get my Masters in Education. My entire family lives in Phoenix, and my awesome in-laws live in Tucson. The catch? I leave June 26th and haven't packed a thing! However, we've done this one or twice, ;), and I'm sure I remember which items go it what box.

I'm excited about this opportunity, as I will now have extensive family support while DH is in Iraq and on his remote, and I get to finish something that will give me a real career, versus bouncing from job-to-job. It doesn't make the sting of him leaving any easier, but at least I'll be busy enough to make the days go a bit quicker.

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent a bit. You guys are the best!

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Congratualtions!! We have a military family as well [BOTH sets of grandparents]. Its great.

Hope all else is well and the new job is smooth!:thumbsup:

JOrdan:]

disneydeb
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm sure that you will love being close to your family while you work on your certification.
God Bless you and all military families at this time. Get packing!

Intercot is everywhere, so STAY IN TOUCH!!

Dsnygirl
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
It's too bad that you have to move from a place you enjoy - :( - but what you've decided to do sounds awesome!! I'm sure it will help the time go by so much faster with family and friends around. Good luck as you head back to school - it sounds like an awful lot of work for you over the next few weeks, but I bet it's going to be SO worth it. Congrats!! :thumbsup:

January-2007
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
It's always difficult moving, but what a move to make! Having your family support system will be huge during this time, and you get to really accomplish something major too. How cool is that? Sending some :pixie: for a safe move, the safety of your DH while he's away, and for your two years to come. I think it's great, the only downside is being further away from WDW... But isn't that only how we Disney crazy people think? I love Arizona, it's so beautiful. Congrats of the big decision.

PirateLover
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I know it is hard to have to pack everything up and move once again but it sounds like you have a great opportunity in AZ. I wish you best of luck with everything and congratulate you for wanting to become a certified teacher and work towards your Masters! :pixie:

BrerSchultzy
06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure if I should say :sorry: or :congrats:
It sounds like this is going to be a great thing all around. Either way...good luck! :pixie: :wishes:

MMouse6937
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Definately good luck to you!! I live in ABQ so I can relate to the SW thing. It's an awful long way from WDW, but to be close to your family especially when you're DH is away will be such a blessing. Take care of yourself and stay in touch! :hug:

merlinmagic4
06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
That sounds like a great plan and hopefully it will keep you busy enough to make that deployment fly by (if that is possible). The BEST of luck with your move, going back to school, and teaching! It's an incredibly rewarding profession :thumbsup: