PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scenes at MK

Cozfamilyof6
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Has anyone ever taken any of the behind the scene or backstage tours? If so, which are the best and/or most fun?

We were thinking of taking one when we go in October. We wouldn't bring our toddlers, but maybe our 6 year old. Would he be old enough and would one of the tours hold his interest?

Thanks y'all.

robhink
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I've done the Keys to the Kingdom and Magic behind our Steam Trains tours at the Magic Kingdom and enjoyed them both. The biggest issue is the age requirements for the tours, with a 6 year old the only one that you could go on is the Disney Family Magic Tour which probably would not take you backstage at all.

MickeysGirl
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
The biggest issue is the age requirements for the tours, with a 6 year old the only one that you could go on is the Disney Family Magic Tour which probably would not take you backstage at all.

I'll second this. For any of the behind the scenes tours, the youngest age is 16 years old. This is so that kids don't have the magic "ruined" seeing characters out of character, if you know what I mean.

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom in Magic Kingdom, Hidden Treasures of World Showcase (which was recently discontinued) and Undiscovered Future World in Epcot. If I had to choose one, I'd definitely say Keys was the best. So much so, that we do want to do it again one day! Undiscovered Future World was also pretty cool. But so much of the tours depends on the tour guide too. For instance, on our World Showcase tour, we didn't have a great tour guide and the tour just sort of fell flat. :(

They are a great experience on a whole though! If you can get someone to take care of the little ones for a few hours, I'd suggest taking one! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
There is a scavenger hunt type tour that the whole family can enjoy, I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here on I-cot probably knows it's name. These people are true professionals. But the Keys to the Kingdom tour is for people above the age of 16.

64 days and counting

then

190 days and counting

Momof2boys
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I've signed up for Keys to the Kingdom for October . . . I've always wanted to do it so hubby & the boys will swim and head to DIsney Quest while I'm taking the tour. I'm really looking forward to it :mickey:

MickeysGirl
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
There is a scavenger hunt type tour that the whole family can enjoy, I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone here on I-cot probably knows it's name.
That is the Family Magic Tour that Rob mentioned. :)

pook@wdw
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
We've always wanted to do the "Keys" tour, but our DD is not old enough yet, and would absolutely disown us if we went w/o her (not that we would). So, we can't do the tour til "09. Oh well, just something else to look forward to!!!:D

mickey-mouse35
06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I just signed up for the Backstage Magic Tour in October!!! :joy: Whoo hooo!!!!! :woohoo:

I sooooo can't wait!!! For those that didn't know, they take 15% off for AAA members (you just have to show AAA card when you check in). Of course, they also do discounts for Disney VISA, AP, etc., too, if you have one of those!

K8screen
06-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I did one of the backstage tours a few years ago but I was a bit disappointed at not seeing as much behind the scenes as other people on Intercot say they did. I think it depends on your guide, the time of day etc