PDA

View Full Version : Anyone currently work at Disney Store?

baby minnie's mommy
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I used to work at the DS, until I left to have my daughter and stay home with her. The resort benefits were great at that time - helped pay for my honeymoon at the Poly! :lei:
I've considered working at the DS again sometime and was wondering: Since "The Children's Place" bought it (which was right after I left) what are the benefits like now, and what is the starting pay?

SteveL
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Aside from the discount at Disney Store and Children's Place, there aren't many benefits.
The good side is you can work on a per diem basis, which requires one shift within 90 days, and get a 30% discount at DS and CP.

Figgyluv03
06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I started around the time you left and I hated the fact that it was owned by the Children's Place. It didn't have that Disney Spirit anymore. The benefits weren't the greatest, and the pay was close to minimum wage. I know the pay scale is different in everystate, but back then, I pretty much spent was I was making. I don't think I would want to go back unless they went back to being just Disney.

glenpreece
06-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I work there now per diem and it's not that great. No discounts at WDW and you don't get free admission anymore. Only one 3 day ticket on the anniversary of your start date that you have to request 30 days in advance. It's all about pushing the product and I am not a good seller. I am only kept on to spend money at OUR store and no where else. I would say that it would be best to stay away if you are looking for disney benfits.

crazypoohbear
06-09-2007, 02:46 PM
That's really sad that it has gone so far downhill:(

snifflesmcg
06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I've only ever been a customer of the DS and have to say that the store is awful now. Unless you want children's clothes (I have no children) it's almost pointless to shop there. I was looking for fun stuff to start off my trip last year and they had nothing. I was disappointed.

Terra
06-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I've only ever been a customer of the DS and have to say that the store is awful now. Unless you want children's clothes (I have no children) it's almost pointless to shop there. I was looking for fun stuff to start off my trip last year and they had nothing. I was disappointed.

Oh my goodness...I totally agree....I stopped in there with my 7 month old son about a week ago for hte first time in several years and had forgotten that it had been bought out...
It DEFINETLY does not have the Disney Magic in there anymore...
Most of the workers are just ho hum...
And basically it's all the kids stuff that you can get in the WDW shops...

BABY MINNIE'S MOMMY...
On another note...
Have you thought about working at Disney maybe a day or two a month?
I noticed that you are an hour and half away...I know it would be quite a commute...but if I remember right...if you work there a couple of times a month you do get park benefits...
I could be wrong though or they could have changed that...