PDA

View Full Version : A little bit discouraged...

bleukarma
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I’m a little bit discouraged at the moment. I work for a real estate title company and about a year ago our boss told us that because of the declining real estate market there is a raise freeze. That news came after they took away our bonus’s. Also my particular department has been kind of micromanaged lately. My department runs a particular program that can get kind of pricey and they are making sure we are doing each file the most cost efficient way. I can understand that, but I just found out that our company hired another new commercial examiner. He will be our third new guy in the past four months, or so. For a company that is yelling about saving money they sure do like to hire people! I wish they would stop hiring new people and bring back raises. I could understand if our workload was so busy that we needed a new examiner but I don’t think the workload is here to warrant a new person.

I’m currently fishing around for a second job and if my work at my full time job suffers, well…at this point I don’t care. The only reason I’m staying here with the salary I have is because I happen to like my job. I know how hard that is to come by. I know how hard it is to find a boss that you like and get along with. I just wish they would lift the raise freeze. I can understand struggling if I drove an expensive car or had credit card bills to pay off or didn’t share expenses with my aunt but I don’t drive an expensive car and I don’t have credit card bills to pay off and I share my house expenses with my aunt. Even with all that I still find it hard to make my basic bills. Somehow not giving me (and other workers here) a raise and going out and hiring another new person just doesn’t seem right. :(

January-2007
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time! What a bummer that they are doing this to you, I hope things get better for you soon. It's never fun- here's some :pixie: hoping they get some sense, stop hiring new people, and give back the raises and bonuses! Who can't use a little extra money every once in a while?

MissStyles
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down about your job situation. You know, it wouldn't hurt to look around and post your resume. Something you never imagined might materialize right before you. Best of luck and hang in there for now!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 12:08 AM
It sounds like they are hoping fresh blood will turn things around. The market is very sluggish here in the NE too. I say look for another job. It's not easy when you like what you do and where you are but it might be for the best.

bleukarma
06-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for everyone's encouraging words! I am about to look in the employment section of the Sunday paper this evening. The thought of having to work two jobs again is just so draining to me! I'll do it, but then I think about how nice it would be to find a job that paid much more so I wouldn't have to. It's just hard because I really do like my job and my bosses.

Of course after I said that we don't have the work to warrent another examiner our department exploded with files! But I've gotten to the point where the way I see it is that means I have to work harder for the same amount of money with no promise of a raise. I used to view a busy day as "job security", now I view it as more work for the same pay. Before at least I knew that the harder I worked the more likely I was to get a higher raise. Now I know that I won't even get a raise. So...I think it's time to look for another job. :(