PDA

View Full Version : Question about links/closed topics

PirateLover
06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
A few days back I had a topic closed because I posted a link to a news site to enable others to look at a picture. I understand that linking is frowned upon because you can't monitor the content of outside pages, but I'm just wondering why the entire topic was closed. Many times I've seen that a link was simply removed and the topic was left open. I would've gladly saved the picture and provided my own link to it if given the chance. I was contacted by a moderator and made aware of the fact that links are against TOS and my topic was now closed. I replied asking for more info but I have not received an answer.
I am not hurt or offended or trying to cause trouble or anything of that nature I just really want to know what happened and if there is an official rule or if discretion is left up to the moderator who first encounters the issue.

mrsgaribaldi
06-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I believe it was closed because about 6 or 7 posts down from yours is another one about the same thing. They closed yours to just leave the one discussion going:mickey:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106222
There's the link to it

PirateLover
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Well that makes perfect sense. Wish it was explained :blush:

TiggerRPh
06-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Well that makes perfect sense. Wish it was explained :blush:

It should have been...probably was an oversight.