PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Special Occasions

brewcrew26
06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
My fiance and I are celebrating our engagement when we go down in late August. Will cast members do anything special for this type of occasion and if so, who do we tell?

What kind of perks have other received on special occasions? :mickey:

snowflakegirl
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
They may or may not do something special for your celebration and it depends on the CMs/locations/etc...Some places might while others might not. If you're staying on property, tell the CM when checking in. If you are planning on making ADRs, tell the CM when making them. I usually call a few weeks out from my trip to double check any ADRs I've made, so if you've already made yours you can call to double check and let them know then. I've found a good rule of thumb is to go not expecting anything other than the magic of being there, and if you get some bonus magic, you'll be even happier.

I've never celebrated an engagement at Disney, but I did celebrate my birthday and our honeymoon (same trip)...I/we received a few extras at dinners or "magical moments" certificates from CMs we were chatting with. My birthday dinner was our "special" dinner of the trip, having it in the castle. I recieved a "magical moments" certificate celebrating "Lady Jennifer's Royal Birthday", the table had been decorated before we got there with Mickey conffetti, I got a birthday cupcake, and we received champagne flutes with the restaurant's logo for our honeymoon. On the other hand, we went places while we were there that didn't do anything, which is why I say go expecting nothing and that way you'll only be pleasantly surprised/happy if something does come your way.

By the way, congratulations on your engagement! Enjoy your celebratory trip.