PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point

brewcrew26
06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I've never been to Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge before. We just switched our ADRs on our first night from Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

Did we make a good choice? What's not to miss? Any downfalls? How romantic is it? :mickey:

ResQRanger82
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Artist Point is definitely one of my newer favorites. The last few times, I had the chef's selection meal which included soup (creamy mushroom - yum!) and an awesome hazelnut gorgonzola salad. For dinner I've had both the buffalo sirloin and the salmon, both of which were superb. For dessert, the Artist Point berry cobbler - one of the cases where a simple desert can knock your socks off. The whole menu is excellent and a 3- or 4-course wine flight aligned to your meal can also be enjoyed. I would say it is both intimate and family-friendly. There are some lovely tables for two that overlook the courtyard and lake, as well as some booths that offer more seclusion. Overall, I would say that you made a good choice. And as for me, I'm just glad I'm going back there in a few weeks!

tyandskyesmom
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Great Choice!

We fell in love with Artist Point on our trip this past Nov/Dec. We were a family of 4 but we did see many couples there enjoying themselves. We have the most awesome waiter (and from me that's saying a lot!) and great food. Lou had the buffolo steak and i had the Cedar Plank Salmon and we were both very impressed with our (and eachothers) food! Ty had a chicken breast kids plate and fruit and ate it all so I am assuming it is good (he is a bit on the picky side!). We also had the Venison Spring rolls for appetizer and they were really good. For dessert we had the Artist Point Cobbler, some kind of apple tart (which the waiter did not recommend but Lou loved!) and Ty had the kids white chocolate and cookie plate (which was a huge white chocolate Mickey puzzle to put together and "paint" with frosting "paints" and two huge cookies). Skye slept in her stroller thru the whole thing! We loved it and it was hard to not book a meal there in 24 more days but in order to experience it all we need to move on for now...Jiko is next and I hope we enjoy it as much at Artist Point!

24 more days!

disney100%
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Artist Point is a new favorite of my DH and I. On our last trip, my parents took our son into the park while my DH and I had a very nice dinner. As someone already mentioned, the mushroom soup is delicious. My husband and I have been raving about it since that tripover a year ago. I had the salmon and my DH had the buffalo - both delicious. My DH also chose to have the wine pairings (I was pregnant at the time, so I couldn't) and he was impressed with the wines. I had the berry cobbler, which was also delicious. I can't remember what my DH had for dessert, but I know he enjoyed it. We also enjoy the quiet boat ride from MK to WL for dinner. We have already planned to return in 2008 and I just can't wait!

sillyolbear
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
You made a great choice!

The Smokey Portobello soup is worthy of all the mentions above. The Buffalo and salmon are nicely prepared as well as the pork chop.

My wife and I also enjoy their wine selection. The Pacific Northwest has some excellent wines.

mudpuppysmom
06-08-2007, 10:47 AM
We ate at AP a few weeks ago and I guess I was just not as blown away by it as I thought I was going to be.

We got to the WL early and kicked around for an hour.....we still had 45 minutes to "kill" and I went to the podium to ask IF they could take us early. "No problem" was the reply I got......40 minutes later after standing there with a 5 year old driving everyone nuts we were seated. We did get a corner window seat, which was nice. I think our waiter was used to serving adults as he was not really very intune with our 5 yr old. Maybe he was having an off night.

We had the Venison Spring rolls and the Hazlenut Gorgonzola salad as appetizers. DH enjoyed the sring rolls and I enjoyed the salad. For entrees we had: Salmon (DH), Buffalo Sirloin (me) and DS had the chicken I believe. Salmon was quite good and the sirloin was a bit underdone for me and I like medium rare, I think it was rare, which even DH made a comment "can you eat it that not cooked?" I said it would be fine and it was. DH also had a few glasses of wine, not the flight, but he chose his own. For dessert we had: DH had the apple thing (I think it might have been a tart??) and I had the Berry cobbler. DS had the puzzle that was mentioned above, minus the cookies. He enjoyed painting the puzzle after he put it together and I thought it was nicer than the one they have at Jiko in that you can "paint" it when you have it put together.

All in all the meal was good, but I was not overly impressed.....We REALLY enjoy Jiko, so maybe we just have a different palate. Would we go back? Yes, we would go back, maybe kidless though. The food was good and the atmosphere was relaxing, so I'm not sure why I really was not THAT impressed by the place -- I LOVE the lodge feel too.....something just rubbed me the wrong way though if you know what I mean.

BUcivilimagineer
06-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Artist Point is my favorite restaurant. Although I would not take young children there. We usually take our, time enjoy the wine, and talk to the knowledgable wait staff. It is an overall great atmosphere and I suggest listening to the wait staff's suggestions.

ibrowse17
06-08-2007, 11:27 AM
It is a very nice place which DW and I both really enjoy. The buffalo ribeye is wonderful:thumbsup:

AllDisney
06-08-2007, 05:44 PM
We love Artist Point. Depending on where you are seated it can be very romantic. We had the salmon and it was wonderful. That was one of the suggestions from our waiter and we weren't disappointed.

I don't think you'll regret making the change.

DawsonAR
06-09-2007, 08:42 PM
We ate there last trip and I don't think you will be disappointed. It was excellent food and a romantic atmosphere.

wilshade
06-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Artist Point is my favorite restaurant in WDW. The atmosphere is romantically rustic. The view from the windows is nice.

There are many excellent choices on the menu. You can also get a wine paring with your meal.

You will be very happy with the choice.

cindymouse6
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Have been to both -- like Artist Point better --- much better service, and was blown away by the quality of the food. Got a babysitter and went as a couple, but if you make ADR early, can avoid kiddos throwing fits while waiting for dinner to be served. VERY romantic and in such a beautiful resort. Can't be beat! Had the plank salmon -- best I have had. Wolfgang Puck's was extremely crowded, long wait for food -- took us 2&1/2 hours for just the 2 of us -- have never gone back. Food was good, extremely small portions and left hungry in luie of blowing $150 to feel "full" -- stopped and got counter service later that night. AP will be more rewarding and memorable, I assure you.