PDA

View Full Version : How is WDW in February???

threeh
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
It looks like my DH will be able to get time off from work and we're going to go in February 2008, the beg of the month. I'm wondering who has been and how the weather is?? Can you still swim?? How about crowds. Any info is as always appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Thanks!!!:mickey:

DDuck66
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
We have gone in Early march before and the weather is unpredictable. Half of the week was really great. The highs were near 75 to 80 and it was shorts and tee shirts. In the middle of the week a cold front came in and it was wet and COLD!!! Highs were near 50 and the north wind would freeze you over. But remember, any day at Disney is better than a day somewhere else.

Disney Doll
06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
We love Feb! We have been in Feb the past 3 years the week just before President's Day. The crowds are wonderful which is the main reason we keep going in Feb. The weather is cool, but I'd much rather wear a jacket than swelter in the summer months. I usually wear jeans and short sleeves, but bring along a light jacket for mornings and evenings. The afternoons are usually quite warm so I just tie the jacket around my waist. I've never thought it was warm enough for shorts, but I guess that depends on what you're used to. I would also take at least a couple long sleeved tops and a heavier coat because you never know. Two years ago they were experiencing record lows and I was glad we had some warm clothes. Basically bring a little of everything as far as clothing so you're sure to be prepared no matter the weather.

The pools are heated and open for swimmers. We saw a lot of people swimming at the resort, but I would prefer it to be warmer. Three years ago I swam in Feb just because we had our nieces and they wanted to swim. If you decide to swim make sure to bring adequate cover ups. The water is warm, but that wet walk back to your room will be chilly.

Lehman Family
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
We were there for out honeymoon in 2002. The weather was cool but nice. It got a little chilly in the evenings. The parks were less crowded as well. It was a good time to go.

NJMan66
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Like Disney Doll, we have been to Disney in February right before President's day 3 years in a row. Years 1 & 2 the weather was amazing. Last year the weather was only in the 50's & 60's, and total fluke.

The crowds are small until the thursday before President's day. Then its like they open the flood gates of people. I made the mistake of going to the MK on Saturday night before Presidents day and man I could not wait to get out of the park.

Don't worry about the weather. When the air temperature is in the 60's, the sun temperature is in the 70's. You will be able to swim not matter what the temperature is since all the pools are heated.

Figment78
06-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I second everything Disney Doll said. 100% agree.

ibrowse17
06-07-2007, 01:47 PM
If you can avoid Mardi Gras Holidays and Presidents Day, you should be fine as far as crowd goes. As far as weather, be ready for anything:thumbsup:

sillyolbear
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I think ibrowse17 recaps it all pretty well.

We were at WDW this past February and there were people swimming despite it being chilly enough for my wife and I to be in sweatshirts.

disney100%
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
My family always goes in February. It helps break up the winter up here. It's pretty funny because when you look back through our photo albums, some vacations we are dressed in sweatshirts and pants, and others we are in shorts and t-shirts. We already have planned our 2008 trip for the first week in February. We always figure even if it is cold, it is usually warmer at WDW than it is here in NH!

threeh
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks all for the info!!! I'm just glad to go to WDW!!!:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2007, 01:54 AM
We've been there in early Feb many times. It's a great time to visit. Most years, we get a day or two where it's warm enough to swim, and even lay out by the pool. But most days in early Feb are pleasantly warm with sweatshirt cool evenings. Along with lighter crowds, it's a nice time to visit. Enjoy.