PDA

View Full Version : Vista Spa and Cabana Massages

cinderellangel
06-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey fellow Disney Cruisers: I just wanted to know how good the Vista Spa and Cabana Massages were. My best friend and I booked a cabana massage and I booked an ocean wrap at the spa. Thanks. God bless and happy MIckey :mickey::mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
The services are wonderful. They didn't have the spa suites the last time I sailed, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying one of those someday.

I've had the ocean wrap done. This might fall under the heading of "too much information", so for anyone not interested in this service, you may want to stop reading at this point :blush:. For those who stuck around for the details, here you go. You cannot be a shy person, as this is a spa treatment basically done in the nude. They do provide a pair of paper panties. Basically, you lay on the table and get completely slathered in the algae lotion. Then they wrap you up in tin foil and a warm blanket. You pretty much feel like a baked potato. After you cook for a while, you get up and rinse off in the shower, back onto the table for more lotion and a massage. It is a detox, so you may end up going to the bathroom a little more frequently.

GreenBeetle
06-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't think that's TMI at all! It's exactly the kind of truthful information a person needs before committing to the service.

Except for the paper panties, it sounds like heaven!! :cloud9:

cinderellangel
06-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Tammi: Thank you so much for that indepth response and don't worry about it being TMI. In fact, I had a treatment which was done in the nude, wearing only paper panties. Honestly, that is my only concern but I'm still gonna do it because hey, this cruise isn't something you do everyday so, why not? Thanks!! God bless

dixielandings
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
DH and I had the cabana massage for 2 at Castaway Cay. It was pricier than most massages, but hey...it was one of the best I've ever gotten - worth every dollar!