PDA

View Full Version : They think I'm crazy!

Bethanymouse
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Help please disney friends! My disney fiance and my friends think I am crazy! We leave in 74 days for an 11 day trip to the world. I am super excited and have planned just about everything including our adr's. I already pulled down the suitcases and have started collecting new outfits, socks, etc for our trip. I have also started my fiance doing the same thing. Just tonight I got a look :eek: from my fiance when I started making a list of what he had and still needs to get :cart::shop: such as socks, shorts, and pj's. The thinks I am crazy! So tell me intercotees....am I nuts:hide:? What is the craziest disney planning you have done?:waycool:

Lorraine444
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
You're not crazy, just crazy excited!!!!
I'm @ 59 days to go, haven't quite done what you have, but can't stop thinking & talking about it. I feel like everyone is sick of hearing about it!
I can't understand why they are not as excited?
My son doesn't even talk about it, and when I bring it up he doesn't have much to add.
I'm actually concerned about what will happen when the trip is done? Prosac?

baby minnie's mommy
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
There should be at least one person that acts that way in each family - I'm the one for ours. :D I make lists and more lists:

1. Stuff I need to pack
2. Stuff DH needs to pack
3. Stuff I need to pack for DD
4. Stuff we still need to buy
5. Things to do before we go
6. Last minute checklist
7. Checklist for diaperbag/purse to look over each day of the trip before leaving hotel

Oh, I'm doing it again! :blush: Seriously, though, making lists helps me get through the days proceeding the trip! Notice I also make a list for my DH, even though he packs his own bag. He lets me go down the list right before we leave, though, to ask him if he remembered everything.

I also think it's cool to get things gradually in advance, instead of a large last minute shopping spree. That way you spread out the pre-trip spending!

dixielandings
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Planning is half the fun! Live it up!

Deesdisney
06-06-2007, 10:50 PM
I do the same thing and my family thinks I am insane. That is why I write on intercot. Everyone here knows how it feels. Just know that there alot of us out there. I just wish I could talk to someone in my family.:(

DREAMADREAM93
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Me and my travel basketball team are going to Orlando for nationals. Nationals happens to be 38 days away, as im sure my team knows because i told them at least 10 times at practice, and im sure my dad knows because i consistantly remind him:]

I cant say ive done any planning, but ive worn my giant mickey mouse slippers to practice[ and every where else for that matter] and switched the playlist on my MP3 to Disney:] Im gettin pumped!!

JOrdan :]

jenperich
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I told my DB that I just wish he could be in my head to understand why I just cannot stop planing and reading books and looking at this blessed website!! We have 170 days left and we've made our ADRs and now I'm thinking of changing two of them. So, why he doesn't understand...I will never know. :-) :mickey:

mook3y
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Label us nuts too then.... :mickey:

we are 105 days out from our upcoming 12 day trip. We pulled out our suitcases this past weekend and started to put travel items together. :secret:

I agree, planning is half the fun!

We also just put new batteries in our PAL Mickey. LOL I think me and my DW have played with it more than our 2 kids. :D

Craziest thing we have done and we did it 2 years in a row, was pack a zip-lock bag full of snacks for each day. Since we have been on the DDP both times, we have hardly used any of the snack bags at all and end up carting them back home with us.

goofiecrazy
06-06-2007, 11:17 PM
U think thats bad our next trip isnt till summer of 08 and i am planning things and places to eat at now..Looking at rental houses for the whole family looking prices for tickets etc. So u are not bad.I know there are people worse then us out there..

Flower
06-07-2007, 07:20 AM
My name is Lea-Ann, I am a Disney-holic.

As of today I am 112 days out. On Tuesday I was at Walmart and noticed 2 cute outfits for my son, he will be 11 months when we are in Florida. I bought both of them in a 12-month size so that he can wear them while we are away.

I too have some ADR's already booked (I need to do more, but we just booked our plane tickets on Monday, and with 2 little ones it is hard to sit down and find the time - maybe later today).

I am also planning the boys halloween costumes:mpumpkin:

mook3y
06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi, my name is Mike and I am a Disney-holic too...

lol we had our whole trip planned out and had booked every one of our meals at the 180 + 10 day mark as soon as the phone lines opened that day. :D

With 8 people this trip, figured we better be on top of it if we were going to eat together!

January-2007
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
It's so good of you to be thinking of these things so far ahead of time, that way you can both be so much more relaxed at the start of your vacation, knowing everything is taken care of and you won't forget anything or run to get something you forgot last minute. We understand! Have fun getting ready! We just got home on Monday.. Today is Thursday... Since Tuesday I have been messing around with all things WDW since we have another trip in September. Getting everything ready is great- good for you!

xipetotec
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Help please disney friends! My disney fiance and my friends think I am crazy! We leave in 74 days for an 11 day trip to the world. I am super excited and have planned just about everything including our adr's. I already pulled down the suitcases and have started collecting new outfits, socks, etc for our trip. I have also started my fiance doing the same thing. Just tonight I got a look :eek: from my fiance when I started making a list of what he had and still needs to get :cart::shop: such as socks, shorts, and pj's. The thinks I am crazy! So tell me intercotees....am I nuts:hide:? What is the craziest disney planning you have done?:waycool:

You're not nuts! *I'm* nuts :)
We go about every two years because my mother has a DVC membership and takes the whole family down every couple of years ( like 15 of us!! with kids and grandkids all told ). Anyway, when we get back, I set my countdown clock right away.

In fact!! because it's DVC, we need to BOOK our stay at the BCV 11 months in advance and because we often fly with Air Canada frequent flyer points, we need to book THOSE 356 days in advance if we want to get the flights we want for that many people!!! So suffice it to say! We countdown FAR in advance.

In fact, as of today, we are 264 days and we've started thinking about where we want to make our ADRs. ( well really , *I* have.. even my mom thinks I'm crazy ).

pook@wdw
06-07-2007, 06:41 PM
If lovin WDW is wrong...I don't wanna be right!! And...NO!!! I don't think you're crazy. And neither do the thousands of other Disney lovers who love the planning as well as the journey! We always go in Oct. So, we book in Feb or Mar and I begin my list and shopping. By the time we're ready to leave, I am totally prepared. As a WDW veteran, I'm sure, all other veterans will agree that with a little planning and some :pixie: , you too can have a Magical Journey!!:cloud9:

nicole48040
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited to see that there are other GREAT BIG DISNEY FREAKS in the world like me. I have a 161 days to go yet. Around the 300 mark I started shopping for new luggage (found matching mickey luggage straps, of course!), then started all the late night internet researching, buying misc. things like the most reccommended sling daypack for DW, new cameras, as soon as Nov. park schedules were released started planning daily itineries so I could figure out ADRs, when day 180 hit I was making ressies first thing (then remade them about 2 more times, second guessing myself all the way) Now it is 161 days of endless anticipation and shopping galore! By the time the trip hits, I'll be too broke to buy souveniers! Great Goofy, there needs to be a dwaa support group for nutties like me!:blowup:

Dsnygirl
06-08-2007, 01:41 AM
:mickey: You are NOT crazy!! Just a certified, top-notch Intercotee with a justified case of "Ican'twaititis"!! I ALWAYS plan way ahead of time... and like others, do lists upon lists... but it just makes me feel good, spreads out the joy of the trip, and definitely makes the last few days easier before we leave!! SO, just ignore the :shake: and the :eek: and just keep doing your :woohoo: :joy: dance... they'll be happy in the end you were so organized!! :D

Bethanymouse
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys! I knew you would make me feel "disney normal" ! This is part of the exitement! I cant stop talking about where we are going to eat, what CS to try, what are some of our must do's...the list goes on and on and on......Thanks for understanding my obsession!

mook3y
06-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys! I knew you would make me feel "disney normal" ! This is part of the exitement! I cant stop talking about where we are going to eat, what CS to try, what are some of our must do's...the list goes on and on and on......Thanks for understanding my obsession!

Just so you know, it is hereditary. Pretty much every night when we are putting our children 3 & 5 to bed, go for a long drive, they want to play the game. The game is.... What is the first ride each person wants to go on when we get to each park. :D Yep, our kids are hooked too! lol

BashfulMom
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
There should be at least one person that acts that way in each family - I'm the one for ours. :D I make lists and more lists:

1. Stuff I need to pack
2. Stuff DH needs to pack
3. Stuff I need to pack for DD
4. Stuff we still need to buy
5. Things to do before we go
6. Last minute checklist
7. Checklist for diaperbag/purse to look over each day of the trip before leaving hotel

Oh, I'm doing it again! :blush: Seriously, though, making lists helps me get through the days proceeding the trip! Notice I also make a list for my DH, even though he packs his own bag. He lets me go down the list right before we leave, though, to ask him if he remembered everything.

I also think it's cool to get things gradually in advance, instead of a large last minute shopping spree. That way you spread out the pre-trip spending!

I'm in good company then. :thumbsup: I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that does this.
My husband knows that this is my way of showing my excitement. However, I'm sure his family thinks I'm crazy. :crazy:

meldan98
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
We are 176 days out from our trip and I made my final ADR this morning!!! CRT here we come. As I layed in bed last night thinking about getting up at 4:00am to attempt to make our CRT ADR for my DD 4th BDAY, my heart began to pound and I got scared...what if I don't get it, I told my husband...what are we going to do??? My husband just laughed at me. I didn't see the humor in it. I was truely terrified of not getting it. I mean, I've already got my DD booked for BBB at the castle, what happens if she is all dressed up without a Princess to share breakfast with. Ok, so maybe I do have a problem...:D...I guess that's the first step, right, admitting you have a problem.

Anywhoo, all is well, we have all are ADR's, we have our MVMCP, now...what's next...that's right, Candlelight...