PDA

View Full Version : Things not to do at WDW?

ASweetLov
06-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Is there somewhere on Intercot that has a list of things you can't do or wear in WDW? I am going to Disney with my boyfriend, best friend and her brother and well I know my boyfriend and best friend are well behaved but I just wanted to print a copy of that list for my friends brother you know just in case hehe:mickey:

Thanks,
Natacha:chipdale:

garymacd
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
My daughter wore a T-shirt and was asked to change it or turn it inside out. Apparently, Disney Security found it offensive or scary or something.

Oh yeah! Don't spit on anyone.

And then pick a fight with Security or the Deputy Sherriff's. :nono: That is really bad form.

GrumpyFan
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Back on topic - Things NOT to do at WDW

Obviously, don't wear clothing with (potentially) offensive or distateful messages/graphics.
Sleep too late
Captain EO, especially if you have younger children :laughing:

LoriMistress
06-07-2007, 02:28 AM
I wore a shirt (that was really offensive) at DLR and no one said anything. I went during off season (there were no swear words or disgusting images that is on the shirt).

tink&cinderblabla2185
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
about the things not to do or have in WDW I have heard that you are not allowed to have Heely's or other brands of that kind of shoes. at least not using the wheels. Too many children are being injured by them. Read in the paper this morning 1600 ER visits from Sept 05 to Dec 06 due to "wheeled shoe injuries."

grumpycajun
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Bring the cares of the world along with you.

cgriff
06-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't eat the refried beans at El Pirata y el Perico! :sick:

cgriff

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Don't eat and then go on AstroOrbiter.....:sick:

Wolf
06-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think wearing heels is the best idea in disney, just cause of the incredible amount of walking.

I never hardly wear makeup unless I'm out on a date so I don't even bring mine with me so I wont be tempted to waste time with eyeliner.
I wear a ponytail nearly every day while I'm there or a bandanna, maybe my advice is just don't worry about your image just be happy to be in disney.

Darin M
06-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Dont make a pit-stop at a water fountain, the water tastes like sweat. I mean its terrible. My girlfriend and I went there last August and if the water still tastes like it did then, you are better off spending the arm and the leg for a bottle of water. It was our first time, and we are going back this August. No water fountains for me this year!

Wolf
06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Dont make a pit-stop at a water fountain, the water tastes like sweat. I mean its terrible. My girlfriend and I went there last August and if the water still tastes like it did then, you are better off spending the arm and the leg for a bottle of water. It was our first time, and we are going back this August. No water fountains for me this year!

Deffinantly good to know! Thanks for that one!

cgriff
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Do *NOT* decline the overnight stay in Cinderella's Castle Suite.

On this matter of wearing clothing that contains potentially offensive language or images... I would advise against wearing such things in the parks, out of courtesy to others and also in the spirit of the wholesomeness of the parks. Maybe save that apparel for wearing after-hours at Pleasure Island. Would that be a good compromise?

cgriff

LibertyTreeGal
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Dudes, agree to disagree, okay?

Anyway, back to the actual thread.....

DON'T ask for ketchup at WCC, unless you want to have a table full of bottles
DON'T, DON'T, DON'T neglect to notice the color of the soap in the restroom at 50's PTC -- they may ask if you have washed your hands and you'll have to prove it by telling them the color of the soap!
DON'T pull Tigger's tail :thedolls:
DON'T yell at the fastpass CM's when the machines go down -- they aren't mechanics and they didn't break them so chill out (yes I have seen this happen)
DON'T punch a guy just because his little girl sneaks in front of you, a great big man, to watch the parade (the CM from the above situation told me about that one...)
DON'T break the park rules, they are pretty simple and aren't going to kill you. If the park doesn't want you to wear or do something offensive, don't worry whether or not others are getting away with it. In the end, we can only be responsible for ourselves.
DON'T stop in the middle of the row when the CM's tell you to move all the way to the end, I will crawl over you as painfully as possible (not really, but I'll fantasize about it later)
DON'T neglect to tell your 4 year old that peeing on the shrubs at Epcot is frowned upon :blush:
DON'T take yourself so seriously, and you'll have a great time!

The Bookseller
06-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Everytime I set foot in WDW, I switch my mind into PG-13 mode. I don't swear, I avoid any comment and I get my best behavior. Even if some people says that WDW is all about families, I am well aware of the childrens and the need to give a good example.

GrumpyFan
06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Dudes, agree to disagree, okay?

Anyway, back to the actual thread.....

DON'T stop in the middle of the row when the CM's tell you to move all the way to the end, I will crawl over you as painfully as possible (not really, but I'll fantasize about it later)

I've done this before (the crawl over part), and mumbled out loud how they said "MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW"!

I might add,

DON'T Stampede/Rush into the theatre when the doors open. The theatres are designed such that there are no bad seats. Everyone of them experiences the same show and effects.

pshokie
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Have to agree with LibertyTreeGal, agree to disagree.

Back to the list:

I have heard that you are not allowed to have Heely's or other brands of that kind of shoes. at least not using the wheels. Too many children are being injured by them. Read in the paper this morning 1600 ER visits from Sept 05 to Dec 06 due to "wheeled shoe injuries."

This is true. They are no longer allowed in the parks at WDW. This does not mean that some people cannot get them in (saw some there in May), but they will be asked to leave/remove them while in the parks.

And on a side note, there is a movement up here in Loudoun County VA to have heelies classified in the same catagory as a bike or skate board: meaning you have to wear a helmet. Coming soon to a town near you!

angedeaile
06-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Anywho- all that shirt business aside...getting to the real question.

LibertyTreeGal had some real good ones!

I don't know if there are actual rules against the following, but it is common courtesy.

Do not use your phone in the middle of a show...whether that is talking to someone with it, having your loud ringer go off or using it as a light source.

Especially during shows that are dark and not loud the whole time, like Narnia, Philharmagic or That Sounds Dangerous.

Nothing knocks the magic out of being fully emersed in the Disney experience like a cell phone going off or obnoxious comments by someone who thinks they are being funny.

SO don't make obnoxious comments either :)

Way I see it, don't do anything that you wouldn't like someone else to do to you...like cutting someone in line.

It is a good general rule for anywhere you go.

katzctkpt
06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Everytime I set foot in WDW, I switch my mind into PG-13 mode. I don't swear, I avoid any comment and I get my best behavior. Even if some people says that WDW is all about families, I am well aware of the childrens and the need to give a good example.

I agree. This is a family park where small minds remember a lot and will use or do what they hear & see.

Don't drink from the water fountains the water is nasty. Either take your own bottled water or buy it. It's worth the price vs the taste.

poeticeclipse
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
--I just don't swear out in the public areas. You never know when a kid will be around or even an adult that will be offended. I can have a potty mouth at times (I admit it) but when I am at WDW I try and keep it in until i'm in the privacy of my hotel room.

--I have to agree with whoever mentioned moving to the end of the row. I get somewhat upset with these people who stop in the middle of the row. I don't think that they understand that you can't get a bad seat and even if you are on the end, the 3-D effects will still scare the heck out of you.

--Don't be rude to the CM's. This truly gets to me. Be kind to everyone from security, janitorial, retail, to Dream Squad members that don't give you the prize in their bags. Everyone is at the World to have a good time and if you you are crabby and grouchy, you're ruining everyone elses time around you.

--Don't sing out loud along with the performers. If you're watching Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Phillharmagic, no one wants to listen to you no matter how good of a singer you are. It's super distracting.

--Don't make out with your significant other on a park bench. Yes, I witnessed this disgusting moment on the bench beside the Monsters Inc. meet and greet at the Studios. What an awful sight.

--If you take a stroller, be NICE not RUTHLESS. I have such a difficult time with people who use their strollers as defensive mechanisms. Those things are huge and they hurt.

--Lastly, if you think someone... anyone might take offensive to something you do or say. Just don't do it. It's not worth ruining someone elses trip. You can do whatever you want when you get back home but when you're in the World, be the best person you can be.

pshokie
06-08-2007, 03:17 PM
--If you take a stroller, be NICE not RUTHLESS. I have such a difficult time with people who use their strollers as defensive mechanisms. Those things are huge and they hurt.

- Could not agree more.:thumbsup:
And it goes 100% the other direction as well, do not cut infront/around strollers or ECVs. If you see one coming, do not run in front of it, wait for it to pass by. This one is definitely a 2-way street.

- At cramped CS places (like Casey's Corner, Cosmic Rays) do not take up more room than you need. Yes it crowded, but just like you, others wants a seat as well!

- Do not push past people at the Security Tables/Turnstiles. Yes some people are slower and have more stuff and you may be very giddy and excited. But just be patient, curteous and wait your turn.

- Be kind, rewind. :cool:

- Under no circumstances make any comment that ruins "the magic" for little ones. Even seemingly harmless ones like "Did they just superimpose Tinkerbell on that photo?" at the photopass line. :mad:

MMouse6937
06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
--I--Don't sing out loud along with the performers. If you're watching Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Phillharmagic, no one wants to listen to you no matter how good of a singer you are. It's super distracting.

Oops, sorry, that was me :blush: I sing like a freak at Festival of the Lion King. I'll have to take into consideration what you said. Not that I can't sing, but who wants to listen to me? I'm just so into what I'm watching. Ok, I'll be good next time. :D

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
DON'T neglect to tell your 4 year old that peeing on the shrubs at Epcot is frowned upon :blush:

Haha! Where did THAT come from!?
I'll deffinatly remember that one!

[and appologies for the stirr. I was making a statement and didn't think it would get that out of hand. sorry for starting it!]

OH - original question!!
Don't try to use your fastpass early. It really irritates CMs. They don't care if it's late.

DONT get so engrossed in the que lines that you forget to move with the line and you end up creating a giant gap between you and the people in front of you.

JOrdan :]

LibertyTreeGal
06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Haha! Where did THAT come from!?
I'll deffinatly remember that one!

Well, we used to live way out in the boonies and that is what you do when you are a little boy without enough time to run back inside.... and well, one thing led to another and I turned around and... let's just say that several old ladies got the laugh of their lives while I wanted to drown myself in the fountain.....

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
HAHA! Im sure that was amusing! Don't worry, my cousin lives in Alabama and he got caught peeing on the walls in his pre-school. That was deffinatly the LAST time he did that. :]

Carol
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Lets stay on topic folks!

This thread had to undergo a lot of edits. If it's not appropriate at Disney - it's not appropriate here!

LibertyTreeGal
06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I thought of a few more that I have seen

DON'T cop an attitude with the restaurant staff just because they are booked solid and you didn't bother to make reservations -- it isn't even remotely their fault
DON'T wait until you are at the front of the CS line to decide what you want. Get it figured out for your entire party beforehand, and please have only one person get into line if humanly possible (I realize it isn't always possible)
DON'T feed the birds!!!!!!!! They have to kill them if they get too aggressive...
DON'T go through the parks chasing down the Dream Squad. They aren't Disney Dream vending machines.....

And PLEASE don't give in to your child's tantrum by buying them whatever it is that they are howling about in front of MY kids .... it gives them evil ideas that might endanger their lives..... :thedolls:

pook@wdw
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
All of the posts here are right on the money and can be summed up in 5 words...DON"T ACT LIKE AN IDIOT!! :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
This may not apply to the brother you speak of, but if you or anyone in your group wants to smoke at Disney, make sure you are in a designated area. :mickey:

Other than the offensive behavior, language, clothing and smoking in designated areas, there really aren't many rules. Mostly common sense. You know, no physical abuse. No stealing (and yes, they have Mickey jail... just ask some of the students from my mother's former workplace...). Basically, don't break laws.

Oh, and nothing bothers me more than those who stop in the middle when told to move all the way to the end of the row. If you listen, they will tell you whether they want you all the way to the end or 3/4 down.

Yeah... and... Have fun!!

kakn7294
06-09-2007, 07:13 PM
These are my 2 biggest pet peeves when it comes to personal photography:

1 - Don't expect to play the cranky arteest and flip out because you can't get that perfect shot or video. You can't expect everyone else to cater to you and need to remember that others are trying to enjoy the same show, parade, etc that you are shooting. Don't use flashes where you have been told they are prohibited and if possible, turn off the LCD screen in the dark attractions - it's distracting to the rest of us.

2 - Try to be courteous to those around you. When you see someone trying to take a picture, don't run in front of them or be like my BIL and get in the background.

The Bookseller
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Don't drink from the water fountains the water is nasty. Either take your own bottled water or buy it. It's worth the price vs the taste.

Another trick is to simply ask for water at a counter service. The problem with WDW water is due to an overdose of minerals. It,s harmless but yucky. This also means that all soft drink amd ice machine came with filtrers that removes the taste. This includes the water as CS locations.

I have yet to meet a CM who refused me water at a CS.

This bring up another point: Drink lots of water! this is Florida and everything there is hot. An heatstroke is a real risk.

ryca1dreams
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Haha!

DONT get so engrossed in the que lines that you forget to move with the line and you end up creating a giant gap between you and the people in front of you.

And if you want to look at the cool queue lines (like ToT) just let other people by you - it won't kill you.

The key at WDW is relax, be nice, have fun. Say 'howdy' to other people - they might say 'howdy' back.

Buzz_Burbank
06-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Don't sit you child on your shoulders at shows such as Wishes and Illuminations. This is such a common sense/common courtesy issue that it amazes me that it's even necessary to mention this. I can't count the number of times that I've had my view of Wishes blocked on Main Street by the back of someone's child. If your child is too small to see the show on their own feet then hold them in you arms. Common sense and common courtesy go a long way.....

crazypoohbear
06-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Some times I leave a bit of space in the line between me and the people in front of me for a couple of reasons.
1) it's really hot in the Fl sun and sometimes it's not "pleasant" standing so close to others :blush:
2) sometimes it's nice to have a little breathing room to get some air curculating around.
3) in the EE single rider line there is ( or was last year) a big spot where you are standing in the direct sun. So I waited until the line moved forward enough so when I moved up I wasn't standing in the hot August sun. ( I've had melanoma and I and my DS are prone to pass out in direct sunlight after prolonged periods)
I explained to the people in line behind me why I didn't move up right away and they thought it was a great idea.
The other people about 6 behind didn't appreciate having to stand back (in the shade as well) and were complaining, so when we all moved up and they moved with us and then THEY were standing in the hot sun for about 15 minutes complaining about the hot sun they realized how "smart" we all were and then kept their grumbling to a minimum.
Hopefully the disney powers have fixed this gap. NO cover, no fans it was awful. The reason the line was moving so slowly was because the cast member wasn't loading the ride correctly... finally another CM came out and showed him a more efficent way to do th ings!!