PDA

View Full Version : Imagineers guide to Animal Kingdom

threeh
06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Just ordered mine today, anyone else read this yet?? I love the other two about MK and EPCOT.

Happy reading!!!:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Oooh! I didn't know they had released an Animal Kingdom one! Cool!

Now I have to find time to go to the bookstore...

TikiG

kakn7294
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey, thanks! I didn't know there was an AK version either! Now I have something to spend my birthday gift card on. :D

Edit: I just ordered mine - gift card spent! Happy Birthday to me!

jodijo
06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I loved the other 2!!! I am so excited the AK one is out!!!!!

teresa955
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
When we went to WDW last Sept. we did the Dine with an Imagineer program and the guy who writes these books was our imagineer! He told us it would be coming out .:party:

BronxTigger
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
HA! I was just going to start this thread, only to find it already was started! I saw this book at Barnes and Noble and Monday and wanted to get it; there were 2 copies. I went back today and there was only 1 copy left. I read most of it in the store and left it there; I'll buy it later. It's very similar to the other two (MK and Epcot), which I own. :mickey:

The suggested price for this book is $9.95.

threeh
06-07-2007, 07:27 PM
HA! I was just going to start this thread, only to find it already was started! I saw this book at Barnes and Noble and Monday and wanted to get it; there were 2 copies. I went back today and there was only 1 copy left. I read most of it in the store and left it there; I'll buy it later. It's very similar to the other two (MK and Epcot), which I own. :mickey:

The suggested price for this book is $9.95.

Was it good?? I'm waiting for mine from Amazon....

DakotaDisney
06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I saw one other post about these Imagineer books, but I have never seen them or heard of them before.

Are they readily available at major bookstores?

Are they better than some of the other guidebooks?

BronxTigger
06-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Was it good?? I'm waiting for mine from Amazon....

You said you loved the other two; this one has the same format so you'll probably love it too!

BronxTigger
06-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I saw one other post about these Imagineer books, but I have never seen them or heard of them before.

Are they readily available at major bookstores?

Are they better than some of the other guidebooks?

They are available at major bookstores, but I've never seen more than 2 at a time on the shelf. If it's not in stock, you should be able to request it.

They are found in the travel section with the other Disney guidebooks, but they aren't really tour guide books in the typical sense. Instead of giving tips and reviews, they give background knowledge from the Imagineers' points of view about the architecture and little details that are all over WDW. After you read them, you will see WDW with different eyes, but you still won't know where the closest bathroom to Splash Mountain is.