PDA

View Full Version : Mummy Ride At Universal

moe513
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Is it as intense as rock n roll a coaster or more like thunder mtn. Thanks

markr09
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I'd say it is in between. It is certainly not as in intense as RnR but it is faster then BTMRR. We took my little cousin on who was about 8 at time and she loved it. It is a great ride that is a lot of fun with really great theming. I highly recommend for pretty much all ages. It may be too intense for kids 5 and under but you never know.

thrillme
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
It's comparable to "Expedition Everest".

It's not as rough as BTMRR but no loops as in RnRC.

It's a GREAT ride. I guess it all depends on how a child likes rollercoasters. Mine's always been a little daredevil and he'd have LOVED it at any age.

RobWreck
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
The Mummy pretty clearly falls into the category of 'serious rollercoasters', whereas Big Thunder and Space Mountain do not. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT ride, especially since it combines aspects of a dark ride with the thrills of a coaster... just it would be a mistake to think of is as a 'friendly' coaster along the lines of BTMRR.
Rob

Rockstar Boyfriends
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
The Mummy is a cross between a dark ride and a roller coaster. It starts off with a dark ride portion and then launches into a roller coaster. The roller coaster part is like a more intense BTMRR int he dark. It's really fun. The launch is cool, you get airtime in spots, and the trick track is great!

EmiB
06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I've only been on the one in CA, and I thought the coaster itself was lame.

The parts right before and right after the main coaster were cool though.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I've never been on RNR but I've been on the Mummy. It was great! And I'm not a big thrill rider. But there was a guy in line that told me exactly what to expect, so I was fine with it. There is one part where you think it's over, but hold on! It's not done yet.

christy78
06-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I love the mummy. I rode it for the first time this past feb and it's my new favorite ride at universal. :thumbsup:

A Foolish Mortal
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I've been on this ride at Universal Studios Florida, and I thought it was awesome. I loved the fake exit part of the ride where the ceiling started on fire. it was pretty awesome. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 10, because the corpses are pretty scary, and they pop out at random places. The ride itself isn't that intense. It's like a combination of Everest, Thunder Mtn, and RnR. It has the theming, the ride, and the launch.

cubbie
06-18-2007, 12:02 AM
I've only been on the one in CA, and I thought the coaster itself was lame.

The parts right before and right after the main coaster were cool though.

I completely agree. I've just been on the one in California, and I thought the actual coaster was overrated, but the effects before and after were well done. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I haven't been on the Florida version yet, though, which could be a better coaster.

thrillme
06-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Been on both Mummy's (Universal Hollywood and Universal Florida). The one in Florida is WAAAAYYYY better.