PDA

View Full Version : DCA Entrance from Grand Californian

SignguyTom
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
We have ressies for the Grand Californian in early November and I was curious about the hotel's entrance to DCA. Do you have to be a guest at the GC to use it? My son & his GF will be staying off-site and will probably meet us at our hotel for breakfast. Will they be able to use this entrance with us, even though they are not GC guests? Also, can you get back into the hotel via this gate...like to get some dry clothes after the Grizzly Rapids...?

Probably silly questions, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Chescat
06-06-2007, 06:35 PM
It shouldn't be a problem with them coming in with you. Since that's a slower time of the year, there shouldn't be an issue at all. I've done it a few times with people that were staying there. Most of the time, its easier going then coming back, since most people wouldn't take that way around to get in the park.

Coming back works fine. They will ask if you are a guest. Again, I think one person in the party saying they are, lets all of you in. You are pretty close to that entry when you are at rapids.

Another tip might be, if you are trying to get into Disneyland, I would board the monorail in Downtown Disney. If the line isn't too long, it lets you out right at the nemo submarine ride in Tomorrowland. We do that sometimes coming back after fireworks since its easier to get on the Monorail then fight main street after the fireworks are over. :D

ChipDale
06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
At opening time they will check for a Disney hotel I.D. (guests of the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel too), so have your hotel I.D. card with you. Generally, they'll allow 5 people through per I.D. card, so be sure to get a hotel I.D. card for all members of your party.

Later in the day, it's rare that they check. :mickey: