PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember the Living Seas Just Before the Pixar Refurb?

Goes4FastPass
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I visited the Living Seas just after it opened. Everyone was so excited - the line for the movie before the 'hydrolaters' had quite a wait.

I also visted the Living Seas just before the "Pixarization". It was pitiful. Almost no one in the pavilion, the water seemed murkey and there weren't a lot of fish (there still aren't). Wasn't there even talk about closing the Living Seas entirely?

For me, reworking whatever they called the ride part to include adding 'Nemo' images was a nice addition. TTwC is certainly an innovative attraction.

I, for one, am glad Disney continues to move forward.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 06:21 PM
The last time I went to the Living Seas before it was refurbished was 1989. I remember going into this tunnel (I couldn't find it last year) that the "seas" were all around you, even above you. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I spent about 10 minutes in there last year, I totally missed the talking turtle because I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if that tunnel is still there.

Eeyore3138
06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I haven't yet been to the new Seas with Nemo and Friends but I can't wait to see the changes.

I disctincly remember being in the Seas in May '03, just before the movie came out in theatres and hearing kids point to fish going, "Look it's Nemo, it's Nemo!" The movie hadn't even come out yet! So it seems like it was appropriate to change the Seas. Kids relate to it better and the movie was a success!

Quasimodo
06-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I've been to it right before the refurb and have been on it two or three times since. I agree that it was pathetic before the refurb. The actual ride portion had been down for several years. The pre-ride movie was still running. After the refurb, the movie is gone, but the ride is back. This time the ride cars are giant clam shells that move sideways to the left as your sitting in the car. The tunnel is still there, but you can only see out the right side of it. Which is the side the ride car is facing. However, you get to see animated and talking characters from Finding Nemo swimming in the tank along with the rest of the fish. A very cool effect. Overall, the whole attraction is greatly improved. The dolphins are still there as are the manatees.

LoriMistress
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
In 2003 there were basically no Pixar stuff there.