PDA

View Full Version : What happens to thr props from all the extincted park attractions?

caryrae
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I just watched a bunch of videos on YouTube of extinct WDW rides. Some of which I never got to ride like the Skyway, Dreamflight, World of Motion. I was wondering what happens to all the props from all those closed rides. Do they store them all in some extinct ride building? Do they dismantel some and use the parts for rides that are still operating?

Might be cool if Disney had some kind of public museum with props from extinct rides somewhere on Disney property.

MMouse6937
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Some props are actually reused in other attractions. Some are stored in a warehouse on property in case they could be used later. Others are transferred to Mousesurplus where you can log on mousesurplus.com and they have auctions through Ebay where they sell some stuff. Sometimes things are just destroyed if it's too much of a hassle to store. :)

Red Randal
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
There is a company that usually gets ahold of stuff and sells it on Ebay. I can't think of the name right now but I know I came close to buying an old Sunshine Seasons serving tray when they were gutting The Land a few years ago. I also know they somehow managed to find and sell a monorail car at one point.

Ahh, and there it is, "Mousesurplus," thanks MMouse.

2Epcot
06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Hopefully Disney does a better job of saving some of the stuff then Universal does. When they closed the ET attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood to make room for the Mummy ride, my friend who worked there at the time said they just threw all the props in a big dumpster.