PDA

View Full Version : space mountain refurb

wedway fan
06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
i know since the refurb at DL, an upgrade to MK's space mountain has been rumored for a while. heard on a podcast the other day that this refurb may start early next year and take most of the year to complete. anyone got a scoop on that?

cfoshe
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
i remember something that it was closing Jan '08 and it would take 6-8 months. but I can not find offical info. so someone else should be by soon to confirm, or disconfirm my info.

dixielandings
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I would love to see this happen and in less time than it took at DL. SM is my all-time favorite Park attraction anywhere and after riding the DL version, DH and I were actually - gasp! - disappointed w/ the MK version. I hate to say that but it's true. The DL effects are just amazing!

Ian
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree, Shelley. DL's Space Mountain is much better than WDW's. I'd love to see it get a makeover.

I'd hate to see the crowds in MK with it closed for a year, but I'd like the end result.

iceicebritney
06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
hey guys, just wondering if you could fill me in on what the situation is with the DL space mountain? did they change it alot? i know after riding the one at disney land paris - the one at wdw is so old school

mttafire
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
i remember something that it was closing Jan '08 and it would take 6-8 months. but I can not find offical info. so someone else should be by soon to confirm, or disconfirm my info.
I heard the same thing ONLY that it might be closed for ALL of 08...A very COMPLETE redo..We can only wait and see.