PDA

View Full Version : MK view @ Grand Floridian

big blue and hairy
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
What are the best MK view rooms at the Grand Floridian. We're requesting a king room, if that helps. Thanks.

:sulley:

pox24
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Boca Chica is our requested bldg. You can see the castle, CR, and the Poly from a water view room, and warch the water parade at night. Here is a little tip. Save a bunch on a water view room and request a garden view in Boca Chica facing Narcoosee's. You can walk out side 20yards and see the castle, plus dining is 30 seconds away and so is the MK boat ramp. Try it.

TammiMcMan
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Personally, if I wanted to see the castle, then I'd choose either Sago Cay or Conch Key. Boca Chica is all right, but there are a number of trees that may block the view. By the way, I believe they are now referring to the view as a "theme park view" or something along those lines. Basically, they aren't going to guarantee that you'll see the castle, just some part of the park.

alpro2
06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Stayed in Sago last summer and the view was spectacular. :thumbsup:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
We stayed in 5439 - in Sago Cay. It was a corner room with 2 balconies. It was double the size of the first room we had been assigned
(Initially, we had been assigned a room in Boca Chica, supposedly with an MK view, but really it was a lagoon view with a tail-end view of Tomorrowland and a tree obscuring most of the MK, so we changed). It had an almost dead-on view of the castle. My kids loved seeing the monorail pass from the other balcony.

When we go back, I am going to request this room.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload photos to these posts. I have pictures of both rooms I can show you.

TammiMcMan
06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
(Initially, we had been assigned a room in Boca Chica, supposedly with an MK view, but really it was a lagoon view with a tail-end view of Tomorrowland and a tree obscuring most of the MK, so we changed). That's exactly why I think now it's classified as more of a "theme park" view than saying "MK". If you can see any part of a theme park from the room, even it's obstructed, it's still considered that more expensive view.

The corner room sounds amazing and that was very lucky. There are not many of these rooms at the GF. Even though there are obviously corners, many are the same size as a standard and don't have that second balcony. Keep that room number handy :thumbsup:.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-07-2007, 03:33 PM
The room was big (I think they call it a dormer room?).

Tammi, may I say (again), if not for all your helpful posts, my family and I would not have had one of the best vacations of our lives!

Jen66
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
We also have the GF MK 9or theme park) view booked for July 15-20. Should we make a request or go with what they give us??

SBETigg
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
We stayed in a dormer room in Conch Key for our honeymoon and it was amazing. We could see the spot where they stored the Electric Water Pageant and the park. Going back in August (17th anniversary!) and willing to be where they put us.

TammiMcMan
06-07-2007, 05:00 PM
The room was big (I think they call it a dormer room?).If it had the vaulted ceilings and solid wood balcony, then that was a corner, dormer room. The standard dormer rooms are actually a little bit smaller in square footage and don't come with a daybed. The corner ones do because of that extra space.

Tammi, may I say (again), if not for all your helpful posts, my family and I would not have had one of the best vacations of our lives!I'm really glad I was able to help.