PDA

View Full Version : opinions for Poly dinner show please

castlelady36
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I have ADR's for the Poly dinner show and wonder if some could give me opinions on their experience as well as what section they were in and how the food was. Is the show as good as they say?? We have eaten at Ohana's and enjoyed it very much so I'm sure we will like this as well but just wanted to hear what others had to say!!

pox24
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
The show has been changed from years past. Its still very entertaining, however the food, like before was only fair. O'Hana is a much better meal, I think. Sorry.

haunted_mansion
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
My wife and I went to the Poly dinner show on April 20th. We sat at a table right in front, facing the left side of the stage. (We made reservations almost 4 months prior) Great view. The food was great. We especially liked the pineapple coconut bread that came with the first course of fresh pineapple and salad. As for the main course, I'm not very fond of ribs, but my wife loved them. The Lanai roasted chicken was great. If you're a mixed drink person and you like throwing away 18 dollars, get the drink in the monkey head. My description doesn't sell it well because I can't remember the actual name of the drink. But trust me... monkey head drink. They'll know what you're talking about. Plus when you finish, it doubles as a piggy bank : ) Maybe you can save back the 18 dollars you spent.

The show was a little corny for my taste, but entertaining nonetheless. The band was great. The last part of the show is especially good. I won't spoil it. Oh yeah, if you're the guy in the family, you'll love the hula dancers. However, be forewarned that you'll also be watching other guys in much better shape than you dancing around in loincloths. For the ladies in the family, have fun and enjoy the eye candy :) I enjoyed the show but all I remember thinking after leaving the show was "Man, I need to work out."

Little kids will enjoy the show also. There's an area in the show where the cast members invite kids up to the stage for dancing and singing.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: When you go to the dinner show, there's a receiving area where a cast member will check your reservation and name. You'll then be given a lei and ushered into another waiting area. There's a station to buy drinks in case you just can't wait. When they lower the rope, you'll think it was 9am at EPCOT, with loads of people rushing the dining area. Relax. Hang back and let the impatient ones find their seat. Your seat has already been reserved for a specific section, depending on what you made your reservations for. Also, every seat is a good seat. It's a smaller theater than you think.

I hope this long ramble helps (first time poster) and I wish my wife and I could stow away in your vehicle and hitch a ride back to WDW from North Carolina : ):mickey:

castlelady36
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Your long ramble did help and thanks very much for it and BTW it is myself (female) my sister and my two DD's 14 and 6 so thanks for the eye candy heads up!!!

and :welcome:to Intecot!!!

PirateLover
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I completely second everything Haunted_Mansion had to say down to every side comment. Great food, corny story, entertaining dancing, good drinks, great ending. Enjoy!

Belle619
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I completely agree with what has been said. The food was fantastic when I went in March and the show was entertaining. I thought it was definitely worth the money! :lei: