PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Service Questions

Hoboken_NY
06-06-2007, 11:19 AM
A couple of questions about the ferry service:

1. If MK opens at 9, what time should we get to the ferry dock at FW to be among the first into the park?

2. On an EMH morning, I assume we have to take the blue ferry from FW. Can someone confirm? What time should we get to the dock?

3. How often do the ferries leave FW in the morning?

Thanks so much,
Mike P.

ibrowse17
06-06-2007, 11:32 AM
The boats ( both color flags) will start running at least 30 min before the park opens, even on EMH mornings. In saying that, I would be at the dock before 8:30. The time between boats will depend on how many they have running. A boat should be at FW every 10-15 min. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

mickey98
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
The launches start running at 7:00 a.m. However have a back up plan.. If there is fog.. they suspend the operation of the launches...

AuntLaura
06-09-2007, 11:56 PM
There are 2 options to get to MK by boat from MK. The small launches that go to WL and CR start at 0700. You could take a small boat to CR, and walk from there to MK. The larger launch starts 30 minutes before park opening. I would get to the dock between 0800 and 0815(or 0700 - 0715). There can be a big crowd. Also, I haven't figured it out yet. Sometimes the launch goes directly to MK and sometimes it stops at WL first. If you really want to be at MK well before 0900 (0r 0800), take the small launch and take the walkway to MK. If the boat goes directly to MK, you'll be there in plenty of time, but if it stops at WL first, you'll be arriving about time for opening and there will be quite a few people ahead of you. Depends on how diehard you are.