PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Please

Tynkerbelle
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Last November I posted about my sister's breast cancer diagnosis - so far, she's had a lumpectomy (nodes negative and clean margins - this is good), completed chemo with just a few bad side effects and is now about two weeks into radiation (so far, so good). She has a good prognosis - 80%.

Here's the problem - over the weekend she felt something in the same breast again. When she saw her radiation oncologist yesterday she had him check it and he feels confident that it's nothing more than a small cyst that can be dealt with by her surgeon once her treatment is complete. Just to be safe he's sending her for an ultra-sound, which is scheduled for this afternoon.

I'm probably worrying for nothing, but that's what I do! I'm just praying that it really does turn out to be nothing to worry about as the doctor feels....

But, just to be on the safe side, I'd really appreciate some pixie dust being tossed our way!

Thanks, everyone!

Beast_fanatic
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
:pixie: on the way!

offwego
06-06-2007, 10:43 AM
:pixie::pixie: ont it's way.

aprilisis
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
A truck load of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way!

BelleBeauty
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: a truckload for your sister!

Namine'
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
A lot more:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers on the way.

baby minnie's mommy
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Prayer and :pixie: for both you and your sister!

mrsgaribaldi
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Christine
06-06-2007, 05:01 PM
:pixie: and prayers headed that way...please keep us posted!

Dsnygirl
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Sending more pixie dust your sister's way - be sure to let us know how she is doing! I'm SO glad to hear that it's continued to be good news so far... :thumbsup:

Tynkerbelle
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the prayers & pixie dust!

We still don't know anything. The tech that did the ultrasound could not find anything and the doctor reading the report was "too busy" to talk to her. She left feeling very frustrated and kind of anxious. Considering she's currently being treated for breast cancer it seems that the doctor would have spoken to her in person, even if it was just to advise her of what to do next since they couldn't find it on the ultra-sound.

She knows it's there, her radiation oncologist knows it's there, so it's just a matter of finding and positively identifying it.

The formal report should be in early next week and she's going to call her oncolgist for an appointment....

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for the thoughts - keep 'em coming!

MsMin
06-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Sending :pixie: hope everything is in her favor and continued good health... I know it's a difficult struggle just dealing with the cancer.

SunnyLee
06-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I am sending my thoughts, heart, prayers and all the :pixie::pixie::pixie: I can muster for you..and of course all sorts of happy thoughts :fworks:!!!! We are told not to worry but to cast all our cares on Him...and I am know HE has your sister, family and you in His caring arms! :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Sending many positive thoughts, prayers and :pixie: to your sister (and to you as well for being such a good sis). Your sister is on a difficult journey and I do hope that she sees some smoother times ahead very soon. :hug: