PDA

View Full Version : Is Monster Inc. Laugh Floor any good?

Jakk
06-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Well I'm heading out to disney in 3 weeks and I'm wondering for people who have experienced this show is it any good? Should I take time out to see it or should I skip it. I have been hearing many negative comments about this attraction and I only have a limited time during my vacation so my question should I take time to see it? Also compared to Timekeeper is good or worse? Thanks!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-06-2007, 04:57 AM
I think it's worth seeing:thumbsup: We laughed alot in May:mickey:

alicia524luvstw
06-06-2007, 05:52 AM
It's worth seeing just once. As for comparing it to the Time Keeper, I thought it was better.

CanadianWDWFan
06-06-2007, 07:57 AM
We had a good time! Sure the jokes were corny but the kids loved it. Everyone around us was laughing.

LauraSAnne
06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know yet if there is a "Safe spot"?

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
My family of 4 loved it. We even saw it twice when we were there in May and will definitely see it everytime we go back.

browneyedgirl12
06-06-2007, 09:42 AM
My family and I enjoyed it a lot. The jokes are corny but everyone in the theatre was laughing :mickey:

Jared
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
The Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is a fun show and definitely a worthwhile addition to Tomorrowland.

It's hard to compare the new attraction to The Timekeeper because the experiences are so different, but both have merit.

I question if the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor has any repeat value, but I promise you will laugh at least the first time.

mudpuppysmom
06-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I saw it by myself, as DS decided to throw a fit as we got in line, so he and DH waited outside for me.

While I had no one to share my laughter with, it was still a decent show and I laughed a good bit.

Would I see it over and over again -- probably not, but it is worth the five minute wait that was posted the entire time we were there (we were in MK on two separate days). We saw it during EMH in the PM and it was a pretty big draw!!

If you saw it more than two times in a year it would be "old" to you, but I'd see it again if we go in August or December.

PirateLover
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
My family thought it was hysterical the first time around. BF and I decided to check it out again later in the week and found that the repeat value is slim to none. Almost all of the jokes are reused. But I would definitely check it out once!

Red Randal
06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
It's worth seeing if you have the time. It's not worth giving up Pirates or Splash or something for it. But you won't wait long then you'll sit in air conditioning and be entertained for awhile, so it's worth it.

By the way...
WELCOME TO INTERCOT

Christine
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
The Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is a fun show and definitely a worthwhile addition to Tomorrowland.

I question if the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor has any repeat value, but I promise you will laugh at least the first time.

I agree with you Jared. It is really cute the first time. The second time we went, not so much. It is definitely a once a trip thing for us.

But it is definitely worth checking out. (Of course, I think everything is worth at least a shot!)

LarryBoy
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I thought it was supposed to be different every time, like Turtle Talk with Crush. Is this not the case? I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to in July. Does the show not change much? Is there much audience interaction?

CU Tiger
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
We have only seen the show once, but we thought it was funny. I am curious :confused: if the show is different when the CMs change?:mickey:

Christine
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought it was supposed to be different every time, like Turtle Talk with Crush. Is this not the case? I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to in July. Does the show not change much? Is there much audience interaction?

It is similar to Turtle Talk with Crush...but that too has some constants in it (the bikini, slamming into the glass, etc).

Monsters Inc has some constants and also mixes up a few new jokes (including those that are texted by guests!)

The show has about as much audience interaction as Crush. You know how in Crush, he asks kids some of the same questions each time (what do you eat?), well Monsters asks some of the same questions (where are you from...etc).

Also, one poor audience member in particular will prove to be the butt of many a joke! :funny:

I think it is cute...but you won't see a brand new show each time. I think that would be way too difficult to pull off (like Crush).

One thing to note...the audience participants can often make or break the show (also like Crush). The first time we saw it, everyone that got on camera/mic was funny and the kids were cute.

The second time we saw it, some brat wouldn't answer any of the CMs questions, but instead continued to BURP into the microphone. :rolleyes: Poor CMs...some kids just ain't cute!

Soul_Power
06-08-2007, 06:54 PM
:hi:

The boyfriend and I just got back from our very first trip two days ago, and boy do I have a lot to talk about!!

We thought Laugh Floor was GREAT! We had a really great time and my boyfriend got picked on a few times and ended up showing up on the big screen about 3-4 times. After having such a great first experience, going there again just won't be the same..

All in all, we liked the jokes and really enjoyed it!

DNS
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
We thought it was cute, but not something we'll do very often. Maybe once every few years.

Donald Duck 224
06-09-2007, 02:58 PM
You have to see it at least once. You will find it amusing.

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 03:30 PM
We enjoyed it! We had a great group in our audience that made the show. Have fun!