PDA

View Full Version : Steam Train Tour

GrmGrninGost
06-05-2007, 11:18 PM
We are booked for the Steam Train Tour in September. I was just wondering if anyone has been, and what kind of experience you had. We love trains and are very excited!:mickey:

pianobabe
06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
We went on the tour on our last trip. My husband is a huge train fan. I, on the other hand, was worried I would be bored. There was a lot of very interesting information presented. Our guide (I think his name was Jack) was one of the gentleman who helped design the tour. There wasn't a question presented to him that he didn't know the answer too. We were able to go into the roundhouse area and see how they go through their daily safety checks. One of the things I thought was neat, was since our tour started before anything (including restaurants) were opened, we literally got to see a completely emptied Main Street. The walking wasn't too bad. It didn't seem like the tour was too long. At the end, we received special pins for going on the tour. Make sure you take your camera. We were allowed to take pictures when we went. Pictures are not allowed in all areas, but we were able to take a good many. We both enjoyed the tour.

January-2007
06-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Thank you so much for telling us about your tour experience! We are thinking of taking the Steam Train Tour in September as well. I wonder what day of the week is best for this? Do you think Saturday would be okay?

DawsonAR
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I am lost. What is the steam train tour? It sounds like something we would like. Any explaination would help. Thanks

Mickey91
06-06-2007, 10:49 AM
The tour is called, The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour. It is two hours long and starts around 7:00 or 7:30 AM on the days it is offered. Park admission is required as well as a separate tour price. Special transportation is needed to get to the MK by the time required as WDW transportation is not usually running yet(depending on the day and time of year). Sounds like a lot of fun. We will be going in Sept.

DawsonAR
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks. That sounds like fun. We might do that next time.

pianobabe
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
We went last year on a Thursday. At that point the tour was not offered every day. Jack, the tour guide, did say they were talking about offering it more often. Based on this tour, we are talking about taking another one on our up coming trip.

kurt
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
i took the tour in june of last year. the tour was great. we were taken out to the roundhouse on a train reserved exclusively for costumed characters. our tour guide has been an engineer at MK for about 16 years. he was humorous & very knowledgeable.(:thumbsup: )it was a great tour. we were given name badges & an exclusive pin.:goofy:

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
This sounds great, I think I am going to call right now!!!:train:

True Disney Fan
06-07-2007, 08:49 PM
:confused:I don't know if I will get the time in July while there, but I will be returning in Nov.

I will just be "hanging" by myself for the Nov,10days so I plan to look into the Train ride and tour. Sounds fun.

Thanks for the information..My Nov.plans will also include trying to visit the different resorts while there. :mickey: