PDA

View Full Version : DVC AKL, Killimarijaro Club Concierge

goingbacktodisney
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know anything about this? What are the perks for this? I haven't been able to locate any info on the dvc member website or the info that dvc recently sent. Did I miss something when I read? Help!!!

Deesdisney
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I talked to someone at DVC and they told me that it is just like Concierge at the hotel. Free food and all that. It sounds real nice doesn't it. If you look up the Concierge at the hotel it should be the same. At least that is what I was told.

CarolMN
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I talked to someone at DVC and they told me that it is just like Concierge at the hotel. Free food and all that. It sounds real nice doesn't it. If you look up the Concierge at the hotel it should be the same. At least that is what I was told.
This is my understanding as well - the DVC Club/Concierge units have access to the exact same services and amenities as any other Concierge guest - including the special Sunrise/Sunset Safaris.

It's probably not a good idea to get too excited about the DVC Club rooms, though. There are only going to be a total of 5 two bedroom lock off units in this category. That means if they are all reserved as either a studio or 1 bedroom, there will be a max of 10 DVC Concerige units available.

I think it will be very hard to book one of these units - certainly you'd need to be an owner and call day by day for your reservation. With such a small number of rooms available, I'd be worried about even getting consecutive days. (But since I'm not an AKV owner, I figure my chances of getting one of these is pretty much zero).

Good luck to all who want to try these out. I'm looking forward to reading trip reports from those lucky enough to stay in one of these rooms.

goofy4mickey
06-09-2007, 07:53 AM
The other trade off with concierge is it's not guaranteed savanna view - I think 3 units have savanna view, the other 2 are not. I'd LOVE to book concierge, but Ithink it's a tough trade off - I would be disappointed with no savanna view.

Kim