PDA

View Full Version : F&W Festival and TS in the same day

luvdiznee
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Does this sound like a lot? It kind of does for me, because I know when we are on the DP and get a TS it is really a LOT of food. So, I'm thinking about cancelling our TS at CapnJacks for the day we will be doing the F&W Festival. But if I do cancel are the "samples" enough to makeup for a meal? I realize we can always grab a CS from somewhere but I'm looking forward to the F&W Festival. Thanks for any ideas. 113 days :mickey:

mickey-mouse35
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm looking forward to others' responses who have done this as well, since I was wondering same thing. However, I think it's probably too much to do TS and F&WF, unless you do TS for breakfast and not lunch/dinner.

Christine
06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
The "samples" are served in little dixie cups and the like. It would be hard (and very expensive at about $3 a pop or more) to fill up at the F&WF in my opinion. Plus, it's not like you'll be eating EVERY sample, as some you may not like.

I think you could graze the F&WF and still have a TS meal that day.

Pirate Granny
06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
My husband and DD(24) both ate their way around the countries and were full 3/4 of the way through...We are going again this year and they both agreed to no dinner reservations for that night...and are looking forward to it. You can get the various menu's I believe at Intercot for all the booths for the different countries (other than the standard one's, and even they had a special booth most of the time with different foods)...I copied it onto one page and DH & DD had looked it over the night before and had their choices picked out before we went that evening...If in doubt, have TS for lunch. I personally had all the desserts. SMILE... :pirate:

DrumTastik
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I would say, based on extensive experience over the past 5 years :mickey:, that you could eat at the F&W fest during the day. There is plenty of food to make an extended lunch outing, and I would strongly suggest trying food from each country in attendance. You will work up an appetite walking around the World Showcase, and be fine for a TS meal for dinner.

Natazu
06-06-2007, 03:29 AM
You can stay fed on F&WF booths. We usually take a day and plan no TS but for the most part, we use TS meals as a way to wind down from busy days of touring. It's the most relaxing part of the day for us so we have a sit-down dinner no matter how many Chicken Sha-Chas we eat during the day. What we tend to blow off on our Epcot days are CS meals.

biodtl
06-06-2007, 07:56 AM
We have "grazed" on F&W during the day, then had a TS meal for dinner.

One thing to keep in mind about F&W, though is that the lines can be long and slow. If you hit a particularly crowded day, you may not fill up, since you'll do more waiting than eating.

luvdiznee
06-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks all! Think what I may do is keep CNJ and just pay OOP, rather than using the DP, and just resolve to eating something light or of a lesser amount. :mickey: