PDA

View Full Version : Advice on day trips away from WDW

DakotaDisney
06-05-2007, 06:32 PM
If you fly into Orlando and take the Magical Express to WDW and stay at one of the resorts what is the best way to take a day trip somewhere else?

Like go to Sea World or Universal or the beach for a day. You would come back to your resort in the evening.

I know you could rent a car at the airport, but what if you only need it for just getting to Sea World once and then back to your WDW resort?

goofiecrazy
06-06-2007, 10:54 AM
We have always used Mears service to get to SW or Universal.Before they had ME to the hotels we would always use MEars to and from the airport..If we wanted to go outside the world we would call MEars the day before and make a reservation and give a pick up time and they picked us up and droped us back at the hotel.

Beast_fanatic
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
The very cheapest way is probably to take the Lynx bus (golynx.com).

Beyond that, it will depend on the number of people in your party. If there are just 1 or 2, the Mears shuttle is probably the next least expensive, but if there are more (3-5 or so), then a taxi picked up from Downtown Disney is probably less expensive since it isn't per person.

You can also rent a car for a day or two for your off-site excursions. Alamo has a location at the Car Care Center and Alamo and National have a location at the Dolphin resort. The location at the Car Care Center will send a shuttle to pick you up (must be arranged in advance). Several other rental companies have locations either on property (there's one at Shades of Green, but I can't remember which one) or just off property near Downtown Disney.

Here's information on Transportation Beyond WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/transoffsite.asp) that may help.