PDA

View Full Version : Should we make time for these Rides & Attractions on our next trip to Disney?

Alpha Jeanie
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Yea!!! This is my 100th post!!!!:):D:mickey:

We spent a week at Disney World last May and had a wonderful time. I had done alot of pre-planning and we really got to see mostly everything at each park. We had prioritized all the rides & attractions at each park so we knew we had time for all of our favorites. We were able to do some of our favorite rides 2 or 3 times but did not make it to the attractions listed below. The following is a list of attractions we did not get to see at each park. What do you think of the attractions we did not see. Are they worth taking time to see on our next trip? Our kids will be 11 & 5 on our next trip.

Magic Kingdom:mickey:
Walt Disney World Railroad
Tiki Room
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Ariel's Grotto
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Epcot :mickey3:
Innoventions East & West
Universe of Energy
Wonders of Life Pavillion
Cranium Command
Movie in Canada & China
The American Adventure

MGM Studios :smickey:
Who wants to be a Millionaire
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed)

Animal Kingdom :simba:
Pangani Trail
Wildlife Express
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pocahanta's & Friends

mickey-mouse35
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad--skip unless need as mode of transportation
Tiki Room--I think this is cute and good AC--your 5 yr old will love it
Tom Sawyer Island--never done
Liberty Belle Riverboat--OK if time
Ariel's Grotto--never done
Astro Orbiter--booorrrring
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway--very slow; do only if time
Tomorrowland Transit Authority--a must do IMO--good for afternoon break and fun to see everything from up above
Epcot
Innoventions East & West--fun for a bit if have time
Universe of Energy--I personally really like this ride and think it's a must do
Wonders of Life Pavillion --booorrring
Cranium Command--yes--this is very cute!!!
Movie in Canada & China--absolutely to both--love the scenery and music--Oh Canada, Oh Canada!
The American Adventure --absolutely!!!--catch Voices of Liberty preshow beforehand--they are awesome!

MGM Studios
Who wants to be a Millionaire--I think this is gone
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey--OK but fine to skip if don't have time
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed)--haven't done yet but will do next time

Animal Kingdom
Pangani Trail--ok if time but ok to skip too
Wildlife Express --don't think we did this one
Rafiki's Planet Watch--kids might like but I didn't care for
Maharajah Jungle Trek--this one was cool to see animals
Pocahanta's & Friends--didn't do

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad and Tomorrowland Transit Authority are attractions we always make time for- often more than once a trip. The Railroad is really just a big train loop around the park, but it's a fun way to relax if you need a break. The TTA, also a great way to relax and catch your breath, plus it is fun. I wouldn't skip TTA.

The others, we can pass on but a lot of people feel differently.

Epcot
Innoventions East & West is a quick walk-through to see if you want to bother with anything- skippable, but sometimes you find things worth a quick look.

Universe of Energy- A definite to try once.

Wonders of Life Pavillion & Cranium Command- may not be open when you're there anyway.

Movie in Canada & China- the movies are nice, but I would rather redo Soarin' and Test Track.

The American Adventure - Great show, worth a viewing.

MGM Studios
Who wants to be a Millionaire- closed

Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey: NO a huge waste of time.

Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed) Yes, a fun show to see once.

Animal Kingdom
Definitely hit Pangani Trail and Maharajah Trek. We were so glad we did, well worth the time. The others I can skip.

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, you did a great job of planning!!:thumbsup:. The list of things you skipped weren't at the very top of my priority list either. Anyway, out of your list....these are the 4 I highly recommend

~Walt Disney Railroad (Walt love RR's. It's cute so give it a whirl)

~Tiki Room-another classic (not as great as the original but you gotta do it at least once)

~Tomorrow Transit Authority-again, it's cute to do at least once. Very relaxing on a hot day

~Lights Motor Action show-It's great, you gotta catch it this time

If you still have some time in MK, do the Liberty River boat. It's another great one that's very relaxing

The rest aren't that important in my oppinion and "Who wants to be a Millionaire" closed last year, I belive in August. Have a great trip!

Iluvpooh
06-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad-Everyone should do this once.
Tiki Room-SKIP
Tom Sawyer Island-SKIP
Liberty Belle Riverboat-Anothe to do once, but don't make time for it. If it is fixing to leave hop on. If not-SKIP
Ariel's Grotto_SKIP SKIP SKIP. Unless you are a HUGE Ariel fan-it is a long hot wait.
Astro Orbiter-SKIP-Although it does have a great view of the park
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway_SKIP
Tomorrowland Transit Authority-Love it!!
Epcot
Innoventions East & West-SKIP
Universe of Energy-SKIP
Wonders of Life Pavillion-CLOSED
Cranium Command-CLOSED
Movie in Canada & China-SKIP
The American Adventure Watch it once!

MGM Studios
Who wants to be a Millionaire-CLOSED
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey-SKIP
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed) Haven't seen yet.

Animal Kingdom
Pangani Trail-Love it.
Wildlife Express-SKIP
Rafiki's Planet Watch-SKIP
Maharajah Jungle Trek-Love it!!
Pocahanta's & Friends-SKIP

BelleBeauty
06-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Railroad - I think it is neat, use this as a way to get from one side of the park to another
- Tiki Room - definitely, you have to see this show at least once, your 5 yr old will love it
- Tom Sawyer Island - get there early and look for a paintbrush to get a special fastpass!
- Liberty Belle Riverboat - you can skip this
- Ariel's Grotto - the only place to see Ariel, always a line
- Astro Orbiter - if you ride this, do it at night, great views!

Epcot
- Innoventions East & West - duck in here during a rain storm or play around, don't try to do it all but its always fun to send a email postcard home
- Universe of Energy - YES, even though it isn't as fast at Dinosaur it is worth a trip (though it is long and your 5 yr old might get antsy)
- Wonders of Life Pavillion - if it is open, yes!

MGM Studios
- Who wants to be a Millionaire - unfortunately not there anymore!
- Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey - NO
- Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed) - YES

Animal Kingdom
- Pangani Trail - yes, AK gets very long and tiresome, but the trails are both great for animal viewing and you always see something new
- Wildlife Express & Rafiki's Planet Watch - great for a break, although there isn't always a ton to do
- Maharajah Jungle Trek - same as Pangani
- Pocahanta's & Friends - if you have time and need to see the characters

Enjoy! :mickey:

Jasper
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Yea!!! This is my 100th post!!!!:):D:mickey:

We spent a week at Disney World last May and had a wonderful time. I had done alot of pre-planning and we really got to see mostly everything at each park. We had prioritized all the rides & attractions at each park so we knew we had time for all of our favorites. We were able to do some of our favorite rides 2 or 3 times but did not make it to the attractions listed below. The following is a list of attractions we did not get to see at each park. What do you think of the attractions we did not see. Are they worth taking time to see on our next trip? Our kids will be 11 & 5 on our next trip.

Walt Disney World Railroad
Tiki Room
Tom Sawyer Island
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Ariel's Grotto
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Innoventions East & West
Universe of Energy
Wonders of Life Pavillion
Cranium Command
Movie in Canada & China
The American Adventure

Who wants to be a Millionaire
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed)

Animal Kingdom :simba:
Pangani Trail
Wildlife Express
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pocahanta's & Friends

The problem with a question like this is that everybody has a completely different take on each attraction. For example, we would never think of going to the Magic Kingdom without doing the Enchanted Tiki Room. However, there are others who would tell you that it is no big deal.

DisneyNut2005
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Personally, I recommend trying all of those attractions at least once.

However, Wonders of Life and Cranium Command are currently closed, but if they were to ever be open, go check them out when they're open.

MrPeetrie
06-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World Railroad -- must ride ONCE!
Tiki Room -- very cute for 5YO
Tom Sawyer Island -- skip
Liberty Belle Riverboat -- no biggie
Ariel's Grotto -- no biggie
Astro Orbiter -- long line. boring ride.
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway -- longer line. more boring ride.
Tomorrowland Transit Authority -- always ride this. Great for a little break.

Epcot
Innoventions East & West -- never spend much time there.
Universe of Energy -- Ellen's Energy Adventure is not to be missed.
Wonders of Life Pavillion -- eh..
Cranium Command -- cute show. 5YO will like it.
Movie in Canada & China -- great movies. China's is INCREDIBLE!!!
The American Adventure - You've got to be kidding me. This is not to be missed!

MGM Studios
Who wants to be a Millionaire -- not there anymore.
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey -- it would seem I'm the only one who likes this show.
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed) -- enjoyable.

Animal Kingdom
Pangani Trail -- nice walking trail.
Wildlife Express -- never did this.
Rafiki's Planet Watch -- I wasn't impressed.
Maharajah Jungle Trek -- better walking trail.
Pocahanta's & Friends -- I haven't seen this yet.

I hope that helps!!!

PirateLover
06-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Walt Disney World Railroad- Yes, definitely ride it around once. It's not exciting but it's nostalgic and cool!
Tiki Room- I am not a fan of the new incarnation, but some people are so I would give it a try
Tom Sawyer Island- Very underrated area. Lots of fun for little ones I'm sure (Heck I went over there with another 20-something and WE had a blast!
Liberty Belle Riverboat- This is one that I've yet to try myself.
Ariel's Grotto-Nothing special unless you're a Mermaid fan and want to meet the famous red head
Astro Orbiter- Only if the line is short and you are not claustrophobic- you have to go on an elevator. But the view from the top is pretty cool
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway- Again, only if the lines are short. It goes slow and the fumes are pretty bad.
Tomorrowland Transit Authority- This is a wonderful, relaxing ride. We did it 4 or 5 times on our last trip, just to relax or kill time before a fast pass

Innoventions East & West- Haven't been to Innoventions in a while but again it's worth it to check out once
Universe of Energy- Not very kid oriented. I enjoy it but most others just like to nap
Wonders of Life Pavilion - If it's open, sure check it out.
Cranium Command- This is in the WoL Pavilion and I love it.
Movie in Canada & China- Canada, no. It's a snooze which is ashame because Canada is beautiful, but China YES!!! I love Reflections of China.
The American Adventure - Yes I think this is a must-see at least once.

Who wants to be a Millionaire- Closed :(
Sounds Dangerous -Drew Carey- NO NO NO Do not waste your time. I like Drew Carey but this attraction is terrible.
Lights, Motors, Action! (which was on our list but missed)- If it fits into your schedule check it out but I wouldn't go out of my way .

And I won't comment on AK because it's not my fave park

Marker
06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd say it all depends on what your (and your children's) likes and dislikes are. Everyone likes different things.

To listen to the people on Intercot..... every attraction you ask about has likely been called both a waist of time, as well as a don't miss favorite.

So, although it's probably no help to you, I'd say you have to be your own judge.

GrmGrninGost
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Here's my short list:
WDW Railroad is a must do if you like trains at all! It is one of my favorite rides of all.
The Tiki Room is still a pretty good show, though I did like the original a lot better.
I love cruising on the Liberty Belle! It is so relaxing and offers a different view than you get elsewhere.
We almost always visit Ariel at her grotto. But, then, I am a big fan!
TTA is a MUST do! It gives you a whole new look at almost all of Tomorrowland.
Cranium Command is one of the coolest shows at WDW!
The American Adventure is a classic! I always go to see it and always feel better about myself and our country when I leave.
These are just my opinions, but I hope you'll try these attractions at least once so you can make your own opinion!:mickey: