PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews Part 6

January-2007
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern
I was glad I made this ADR before we left home. I asked a question about timing before we left, and let me say, this worked out perfectly. We decided we just weren't up for braving the crowds at MGM for the Star Wars weekends stuff and ended at the Magic Kingdom as planned. We were starving so we went in at 11:15 even though we had an 11:45AM reservation. They told us they didn't even open until 11:30... oh... we'll come back at 11:45 then.

When we returned at 11:45AM we checked in and waited for just a minute. They announce you to the room, and since we were the only ones there and we were about the same age as the person doing the calling, he just started laughing and DH said yeah, it's us. The guy showing us to our table said that one time he called the name of a family and looked at the only family sitting there waiting and it wasn't them! Can you imagine?

Our waiter was a little more than flustered. It was like it was his first day, only it wasn't. He just gave this air of being really overwhelmed and in return, I started to stress out about getting back to the resort to catch a cab to the train station home. I ordered the Pilgram's Feast and DH ordered another burger, this time with mushrooms and provolone. I got water, DH got coke. Wow. My meal was really bad. I have heard all these rave reviews about this place and I got what they serve at the characater dinner minus a few items and all I can say is, I'm glad we tried it for lunch first. I'm going to cancel our dinner ADR for September. DH loved his burger. The bathroom? Yeah, what's up with that. And the seating in the restaurant? Holy cow! It was so cramped! When we left there was a huge group of people waiting to be seated. We were waiting for our check forever, they could have had our seats! We won't be returning here anytime soon. I think it could have been a better experience had we had a better server, better table, and I had ordered something different. But we didn't. My meal consisted of stove top instant stuffing, severely undercooked green beans, instant mashed potatoes, and not so great turkey. So what did I eat for my last meal in Walt Disney World? Rolls... that we had to ask for. They were really good rolls. The heat and serve instant kind, but hey, when about to board a train for 22 hours beggers can't be choosers.

Casey's
My husband loves baseball. My husband loves hot dogs. My husband does indeed love Casey's. We had a great lunch here the afternoon of the Cape May breakfast that we didn't care for. I guess I forgot to write about it in my book while there so sorry it's out of order. From now on everything's out of order, because snacks are intermingled too. At any rate...

We got to Casey's before the lunch rush and had a great meal. We both got hotdogs and cups of water. I put sourcrout (you know what I mean, I'm not looking that word up) on mine and DH had his plain. He got a seat on the bleachers and watched some cartoons. What a nice relaxing lunch. I think that's the first hot dog I've eaten this year, I don't eat hot dogs very often but this one was very tasty. After lunch DH liked looking at the baseball stuff on the walls. "A great time was had by all."

Snacking around the world
1.) I got a cream cheese pretzel towards the tail end of an evening EMH at MK and it was terrible. Get them early! There was a CM in there complaining to anyone who would listen that he was "off the clock" blah blah blah.
2.) Tried a snow cone from a cart in Japan on Saturday, it was so refreshing! I got tangerine. What a hidden gem! Will definately get one again.
3.) Got a side of "chips" at UK and it just wasn't the same without the fish. The plan was to share that and then share a frankfurter at Sommerfest in Germany, but we decided to head back to the resort early to start packing so that was our last dinner, a shared basket of English fries.
4.) Giant Rice Krispee Treats. I think I'm almost over these now. I got three for the train ride home. I think I should just get what it takes to make them at home and save my money.
5.) Caramel Apple. I mentioned this earlier but what they hey, here it is again. Got it from DTD at Goofy's Candy Kitchen and it was fantastic.
6.) Frozen Lemonade from a stand in between FW and WS in Epcot. Didn't realize until it was too late that it was a prepackaged Minute Maid kind and not the good kind that's fresh at MGM that I love so much. DH tried to eat some of it so I wouldn't feel so bad about not wanting it.

Final Thoughts
We made a lot of same day ADRs while we were there May 26-June 3. I was surprised how easy it was. We ate more TS than we ever have before, and hardly any CS like we usually do. We would eat a TS and be full for the rest of the day so it worked out well. They changed the menu at Casey's, more on that later. I don't think service necessarily depends on being on the DDP or not. We were not and we had both good and bad service. We'll keep this in mind and try to take everything in stride in September. Now to re tool a few things for September now that we have more relevant knowledge of all things dining.

I don't know if I have anything else to say about this right now, but I'm probably out of space anyway so that's all for this trip in terms of dining. I'm going to try to write up reviews of new rides and such later but I might not get to that today. Thanks all for reading, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. Have a magical day! :mickey:

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Nice that you had good luck with the same day ADRs. That's good to know. LTT is not on my list of things to try. It's sponsored by Stouffers. That says it all for me. But a lot of people really do love it. Casey's is a favorite with us, too. Love the snacking report! Thanks for the great, detailed reviews. :thumbsup:

PirateLover
06-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Sorry you didn't like LTT. I've had dinner there twice with a variety of people and everyone has loved it. Personally I think Stoufer's mac and cheese is some of the best around but hey to each his own. I'm not a turkey or stuffing person so I can't comment on that, but I love their roast beef, honey glazed ham, and the mashed potatoes as well as the desert that you get. I don't think I would eat lunch there, though. I like the character experience. I do agree that the bathroom is way too small.

GreenBeetle
06-05-2007, 08:35 PM
So sorry and surprised you didn't like LTT. We never miss dinner there. Love everything about it except the bathroom situation. What were they thinking when they built that place?? :confused:

disneydrmr
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I've really enjoyed reading your reviews. I too am surprised about your LTT experience. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts with us!

Septbride2002
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
We loved our meal at LTT for dinner, but I can see the lunch leaves a little to be desired. Also Casey's is our #1 place to eat at the Magic Kingdom - we really don't bother to make ADR's for MK unless we have other people dining with us.

I'm not a big fan of the rice krispy treats either:secret:

~Amanda