PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time vs. Sci-Fi

jenperich
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
This question has been asked time and time again, I realize. Since the response to my previous question came back so well...I'm having a really hard time deciding where to eat. So much so, that I'm actually considering not eating at Rose and Crown to eat at both Sci-Fi and Prime Time. So, my question is...with food aside and just going on atmosphere and experience...would you choose 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi? Thanks for your help! :eat:

Disney Maniac
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
This is a very tough choice!! But I would have to say 50's Prime Time. Because at Sci-Fi you sit in a car and watch the same boring movie clips. But at 50's there is always something going on and you have a alot of interaction with CMs and other people. Good Luck on your Choice!!!:mickey:

06-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd say definitely go with 50's Prime Time. The Sci Fi was the worst time we had. Boring movie clips, bad lighting & the variety of food to pick from was not that great. We were seated quickly but we waited very long to have our order taken & the food delivered. This was the only bad experience we had on our last trip of May 2007.

septembergirl
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I would go with 50's for dinner and duck into SciFi later for treat and a rest!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I agree with 50’s prime Time. Though the atmosphere at the drive-in Sci-Fi is cool, I think 50’s is better. The Sci-Fi movie reel is over in about 45 minutes to an hour so if you’re there for longer then that then you have to watch the same loop over. Last time I was there I found myself bored. I don’t see that happening at 50’s. If “mom” isn’t picking on your then you can always watch them picking on the family at the next table. It’s fun!

GreenBeetle
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Love Sci-Fi - we never miss it! I can do without the cramped kitchen atmosphere and constant waiter/waitress interaction at 50s Prime Time.

MOJoe
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I get enough antagonism from my kids while i eat. I don't need anyone else pestering me at the dinner table. And also, my kids would never move the dinner table away from the television if they had that choice. (They are so much better behaved while being entertained!). So for us (me) it's Sci Fi.;)

Mickey91
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
We love 50's Prime Time! It is fun and good natured! And, who wouldn't enjoy old Dick Van Dike Show Reruns?:mickey:

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I would never recommend dropping Rose & Crown in favor of a Disney Studios restaurant with the possible exception of Brown Derby. The 50s Prime Time theme does not appeal to me at all, which is why I chose Sci-Fi, but the food and atmosphere at both fails to measure up to the Rose & Crown.

January-2007
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I voted for Sci Fi because when it comes to atmosphere, it's always going to be the same. At 50s Prime Time it really depends on your server and where you're seated so it could be better or it could be worse. We ate at both last week and enjoyed both. Good luck with your decision!

LandFan
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I love sci-fi - it's a great place to come in and rest as it's dark and cool. It's full of fun atmosphere.

I'm not a fan of 50's PT because I don't really like to be bugged while I eat.

I don't think either one has the best food, so for me Sci-Fi takes it!

JCDarzi
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I like 50s Prime Time better. The food was good and the interaction was fun and different than restaurants at home.

Sci-Fi was okay. I wasn't thrilled with the movie clips. Watching 50s black and white clips of odd aliens, mummies, and such just isn't very appetizing for me. None of the film clips were gross, just not what I want to look at while eating. It is a neat atmosphere and if my toddler kids were older, we might have enjoyed it better.

GrmGrninGost
06-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I love 50's Prime Time! The interaction with the servers is a lot of fun! ( And, the food is really good!):mickey:

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
the food is better at prime time, and thats all that really matters. yeh some ppl think the way the service treats you is annoying... but your paying for the food - and that needs to be good in my opinion to choose a restaurant. :thumbsup:

sci fi has a great atmosphere and is a lot of fun, but it is just sandwhiches, etc. you can get that anywhere across the parks.

prime time has good home cooked food, which is extremelly hard to find throughout disney with its extensive selection of counterservices and fast food.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 01:12 AM
I've never eaten at Sci-Fi (I have heard the food wasn't all that great). I love the 50's diner though. It's so much fun.

RAIDER
06-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Ok the menu at the 50s is better but sorry the unique atmosphere of the sci fi cannot be beaten and thats the reason i have plumped for the Sci Fi as the food they serve is ok anyway they do good burgers and their milkshakes are wonderfull
Restaurant :mickey::thumbsup:

auntfrannie
06-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I've only been to Sci-Fi once and that was enough. It was way too dark to read the menu and the movie clips got boring pretty quickly because they start repeating. Service also wasn't that great.

But I've been to 50s several times and each time the service, atmosphere, and interaction have been great. Much better food, too.

DestinationWDW
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
food better at 50's Prime Time - always a different experience, food quality better for the money. if you want a dark, cool, place to unwind for a yummy treat, then sci-fi.....voted for 50's though!:thumbsup:

DDuck66
06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I chose Prime Time. We love both the food, the atmosphere, and the interaction. We even went so far as to have Sister Jamie's picture taken and placed in our autograph book for signing.....remember to ask for a waiter or waitress that will "have fun".