PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews Part 4

January-2007
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Earl of Sandwich
It was less crowded here than it was when we went in January. We both got the All American and it was a good quick dinner before going to the Comedy Warehouse. I remember there being more cranberry sauce and ranch sauce last time. We decided to branch out in the future instead of getting the same thing every time. I had something different the first time, but DH has gotten the same sandwich every single time of 3 visits this year! We only ate here once this trip, but do plan on returning in September. Free sandwiches, what could be better? We found a seat, but good luck with that, it's always crowded, even when it's not. :D

Sci Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
That sure is a large name for something generally referred to as just the "Sci Fi." A little after 2:00 we decided we wanted to go out to lunch. We were in the room so we called the dining number. We wanted to go to MGM again since we love it so much so that's where I tried to get reservations. I tried for Hollywood and Vine but they were just stopping lunch around the time I called, so we couldn't go there. Then I asked for Sci Fi, since we had already eaten at 50s Prime Time earlier in the week. DH and I have eaten at the Sci Fi on every single trip we've taken together. Strange but true.

The first time we split fries and dessert, the second time we got lunch and it was terrible, and this time we had a great experience! We were both so relieved! In January our time there was just so bad we were thinking not to come back for a while, but then well, we did last week. It was great! Our secured ADR time was 3:50 but we checked in right after the parade and got right in, no problem. Our waiter seemed nice, but then we got a new waiter because the dinner shift was coming in and the lunch shift was leaving. We were like, oh no, this is not going to be good... But lo and behold, our second service was top notch as well! We both got burgers and fries, mushrooms on the burgers, yum. Again, DH's burger was cooked right so he loved it. We had a grand old time watching the movie clips and enjoying the atmosphere. This really is a great restaurant. Go. Get a burger and have fun. Wait. Scratch that, rewind. If you go then how will we be able to get same day reservations?

We are now on the boat again as Sci Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant fans. I've been there like 5 times and only had one bad experience so I think that's a pretty good track record. Everything was peachy keen last week and it made our day to be able to watch the parade that we had missed earlier in the week and then go have a great time at lunch.

Raglan Road
The wait here was long even with an ADR. I guess the food wasn't "bad" it was just definate fu fu food. Artist food. Presentation food. I got a Shirley Temple to drink, love those cherries. DH got "Shepherd's Pie" which consisted of a cicular cookie cuttered shaped mound of ground beef and lamb with some tv dinner tasting mashed potatoes on top. Perfectly circular. I got this Rocket Chicken thing which ended up just being another glorified chicken pot pie with a wierd "salad" next to it. Thinking back on it, my meal was actually quite tasty... I just couldn't get over the wierd plates they served it on. My knife kept falling off the plate... It was an interesting experience, not necessarily bad, just very fu fu.

That's all for Part 4. Coming up... It rains so we try Cape May's for dinner, the 'Ohana breakfast adventure, and the Liberty Tree Tavern, oh my! Thanks for reading. :mickey:

disneydrmr
06-05-2007, 01:14 PM
We weren't real thrilled with Sci Fi when we ate there, but after reading your experience I guess we'll give it another chance too. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about Ohana and Liberty - those were my two favorite meals of my trip!

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I love fu fu food. I'm really looking forward to trying Raglan Road. Nice to hear a good report on the Sci-Fi. Thanks!

Septbride2002
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Earl of Sandwich is one of our favorite places to eat. I've tried copying their menu to make my own and it never comes out the same. I've got to ask them what they do to the sandwiches to make them so good!

~Amanda