PDA

View Full Version : Designated Smoking Areas at Resorts?

AliceinDisney
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I have two questions. One is where can you smoke at the Disney resorts, by bf is a hardcore smoker and I know he's a little upset that you can't get a smoking room anymore at Disney, and Second is , is there still smoking areas at the parks too?

Thanks!

tikiman
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
There are smoking areas at the parks and each resort now has designated smoking areas. I only have the map for the Polynesian resort and there are quite a few smoking areas. The map came with a warning that there will be a call made to the room if caught smoking outside the designated areas (mostly if someone reports smoking on the balconies or in the room) and if reported again after the warning there will be a charge of a few hundred dollars added to your bill.

AliceinDisney
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Thats fine, I'm sure he won't want to pay a five hundred dollar fine or whatever it is, I don't think he'd smoke in the room, most places are non smoking nowadays anyway...which in my mind is excellent.

TheRustyScupper
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
1) There are designated areas in parks and resorts.
2) As mentioned, smoke in the room and it costs you.
3) Glad he is willing to abide by the rules - nice guy.
4) Thank him for all of us!

AliceinDisney
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
LOL , I hate smoking but I guess some habits are hard to break... plus there are laws all over North America now about smoking in public spots. I guess you'd think it'd be incentive for people to quit.

tink2006
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I found a web site that has the new maps with designated smoking areas for all the resorts. I am not sure I can post the site (?). I searched for Disney World resort maps.

Pipalotta
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
WOW, looking at the smoking areas for the values, I am sort of shocked at the lack of them. For All-Star Music I counted 2, TWO!! One is at the very front and one is at the very back. I have a feeling lots of people will be smoking at the edge of the parking lots.

disneydeb
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
google "smoking areas at Wat Disney World"

good luck.

:mickey:

Hammer
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I've looked at the new maps and the number of smoking areas at resorts does seem very uneven. Some very large resorts, such as the All-Stars, have 3 smoking areas each while at the Yacht and Beach Club there are 16 smoking areas (including the 2 by the Convention Center). Since WDW management left this up to each resort, I think they should have set some sort of guidelines so there was some kind of uniformity.

mttafire
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I think its just common sense that there wont be "alot" of smoking areas. It certainly wont be "convenient" to smoke. If Disney put a smoking area every 50 ft. What would be the point of a smoke free resort. An above poster mentioned that the deluxe resort had MORE smoking areas than the value...Id say thats because alot of foreign travelers that DO smoke tend to stay in the Deluxes. Maybe not but thats my guess.

Hammer
06-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I think its just common sense that there wont be "alot" of smoking areas. It certainly wont be "convenient" to smoke. If Disney put a smoking area every 50 ft. What would be the point of a smoke free resort. An above poster mentioned that the deluxe resort had MORE smoking areas than the value...Id say thats because alot of foreign travelers that DO smoke tend to stay in the Deluxes. Maybe not but thats my guess.

But that logic doesn't really hold true. The moderate resorts seem to have about 10 smoking areas each. Pop Century has about 10 smoking areas and this is also a value resort, so many resorts are making it easy for people to comply with the rules. Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe and DVC resort, has 3. It just seems that the resorts weren't given any real guidance from upper management for designating the smoking areas.

As I asked in another thread, if you are traveling to a WDW resort soon, Intercot would appreciate if you could send copies of your resort map so we can update our maps.

mttafire
06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
But that logic doesn't really hold true. The moderate resorts seem to have about 10 smoking areas each. Pop Century has about 10 smoking areas and this is also a value resort, so many resorts are making it easy for people to comply with the rules. Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe and DVC resort, has 3. It just seems that the resorts weren't given any real guidance from upper management for designating the smoking areas.

As I asked in another thread, if you are traveling to a WDW resort soon, Intercot would appreciate if you could send copies of your resort map so we can update our maps.

I see your point. We'll just have to see how it turns out.