PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs in Parks

davidbmc
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I know you can get refillable mugs in the resorts,but are there refillable mugs in the parks? If so, how do they work? Between parks or only at the park where purchased.

Leaving in 3 hours to WDW for the first time in 15 years. Taking the kidson their first!

jimnheather
06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Hello, The refillable mugs are (as of my visit in January) only usable in the resort that you buy them. You will have to pay for drinks in the parks. Bummer, but they are still worth it for coffee, etc at your hotel.:thumbsup:

Jared
06-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Refillable mugs are unavailable at the theme parks, only at resorts. At the parks, you have to pay for drinks either with the Disney Dining Plan or with cash.

DisneyWitch
06-05-2007, 10:51 AM
You can get mugs at the water parks too and they work at either water park. I don't know if the same bar code will scan at the resorts because I haven't tried it yet.

AnnetteFan
06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
At Animal Kingdom you can buy a refillable mug but you pay about $1 for the refills and they don't directly refill the mug, they just give you a 32 oz drink to pour in it.

magicofdisney
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
At Animal Kingdom you can buy a refillable mug but you pay about $1 for the refills and they don't directly refill the mug, they just give you a 32 oz drink to pour in it.
Last month when we were there they did directly refill the cup. I guess it depends on where you buy from, but both refills were done directly from different sites.

wedway76
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
You can get mugs at the water parks too and they work at either water park. I don't know if the same bar code will scan at the resorts because I haven't tried it yet.

We haven’t been to WDW since Memorial Day 2006. Do you have to scan your mug at resorts now too? I do remember hearing rumor a while back that that might happen. Is that the case?

AnnetteFan
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Last month when we were there they did directly refill the cup. I guess it depends on where you buy from, but both refills were done directly from different sites.

Most likely a castmember was being lazy because it's a health code violation to take any container or food that has already crossed the counter and been in the hands of guests back over the counter for a refill or anything like that. That's the main reason most places at Disney don't offer refills in the first place.