PDA

View Full Version : Question about ROFR

Ian
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I have a question ... what does Disney do with the points they buy under their ROFR? Do they resell them to the general public?

The reason I'm asking is, because I would assume at some point they've bought back memberships at BWV, BCV, VWL, etc. How come no one ever offers them for sale? Is there a waiting list for them or something?

Or do they do something totally different with them?

xipetotec
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
They DO indeed put then up for sale.

Thing is that there is a waiting list for some of the more popular of these resorts. Which is why they don't advertise it ( they don't need to ). But if you talk to your DVC salesperson and have interest in a specific resort ONLY, they can put you on a waiting list and will contact you when/if it's available.

You'll find the BCV is very difficult to get (not impossible), but others have a decent turnover rate. Within a year, you could find yourself an owner of a "sold out" resort.

Ian
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Very interesting ... thanks for the info!

I kinda wish I had known that before we bought into SSR. ;)

xipetotec
06-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Very interesting ... thanks for the info!

I kinda wish I had known that before we bought into SSR. ;)

Well I was at the office at SSR when I talked to my guide about buying more BCV points. It looks like a beautiful resort! No?

Ian
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, absolutely ... we actually really liked the rooms and the grounds at SSR.

But all things being equal, I'd still rather be at BWV, BCV, or VWL. I just like their locations better.

xipetotec
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Well we DO love the BCV, I'll admit.
My mother is technically the owner, ( I'm an "associate" on the account and she has me handle bookings ) and she's bought twice since she joined up.
literally she bought the 150 point minimum when she joined, only to think a bit later that it wasn't enough and bought an additional 100 before it sold out. Then last year, she purchased an additonal 175 at resale. ( waiting list didn't come through before we found a decently priced resale in our use-year ).

Going in feb-March 2008!!! :number1:

Carol
06-06-2007, 08:01 AM
On the positive side of things, Ian, you got the longer contract through 2054. :thumbsup:

If you take your family vacations during the slow times like September you shouldn't have any problem getting into BWV, BCV, or VWL at 7-months out.

Ian
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, the longer contract is a definite upside, that's true Carol.

For our next vacation after December, we're going to try and book SSR at 11 months but try to switch to BCV at 7 months if we can get in.